Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Books

Perhaps any books specifically on the topic?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">On Emet? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Yeah. I don't think there are. At least Amazon.com doesn't yield anything. lol

Any writers here want to write me a good book? lol... but it needs to have success written all over it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]j/k

-Jason

Sage is writing one but as yet I don't think there are any actually about Emetophobia which is disgraceful I think when you think how many books there are about Arachnophobia and stuff like that.

u can order fact sheets from the national phobia helpline and also tapes for relaxation linked2 emet

but i guess those people who have things like.. i dunno.. "fruitoftheloomophobia" dont have books specifically dedicated to them either...

im sure there must be some books around that are about specific phobias in general?? surely that may have emetophobia in it sumwhere?

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, Jenneh, that's probably the best bet.

Arachnophobia is the number 1 phobia though. I'm glad there are books for that phobia, considering how annoying it could be...

lol -- fruitoftheloomphobia you're funny.

-Jason

fruitoftheloomophobia = phobia of underwear. to me, thats the most bizarre phobia i have ever come across, and it certainly has the most bizarre name! lol.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jen,

That is a real phobia that you have come across? ... and that is its name? lol

In my case, then, luckily, I have fruitoftheloomphilia - I LOVE underwear... 'specially sexy undies! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

-Jason

Theres phobias of pretty much anything imaginable, even specific colors!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Cool beans. Just find something you're chicken of, translate it to Greek, add "-phobia" and you're set. lol

-J

lmfao, fruitoftheloomophiliac i like it [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

and yes, it was a phobia i had come across.... interesting eh...

i can sit there for HOURS looking a phobia lists... infact, theres a poster which lists them all, i shud get it.. then i can sit there studying it weneva im bored, lol.

Jen xxxxx

MSN:

If you are able to share this poster (or at least the information on it, lol) with the group, I think that would be wonderful. Let me know if possible or not.

Wishes,

Jason

lintophobia - fear of bellybuttons

feefifofumophobia - fear of beanstalks

autofartophobia - fear of a**holes in traffic

I got a million of em!

As for books, the best one on treatment of phobias is "Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Bourne. One book that just came out mentions emetophobia (Californiagirl - former mod of this site was interviewed for the chapter). It's not all that helpful, though. Another year at least before our book comes out IF we can get someone to publish it. It's tough!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks, Sage. A book is DEFINITELY needed specifically for this condition.

-Jason

well, thers billions and BILLIONS of websites around witjh huge lists of them!! im sure if u just go to a search engine, and write in " phobia list" u wil find u have a huge poster to urself!!

lemme no if u want me to specifically find ya one [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]#

Jen xxxx

MSN:

hehehe... Jen, we should make our own poster and make it much cooler than everyone else's. We'll market it around the globe and split the profits!! What do ya think?

j/k

Nice thought, though.

Thanks for your advice,

Jason

lmfao.. tht wud be great idea [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxxxx

MSN: