Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone,

I hope that if any of you live in the Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, or Kentucky areas that you are all okay tonight! It has been one crazy day and that is putting it midly!

I went to work today knowing that the weather was supposed to get worse as the day went on, but never did I imagine it getting as bad as it did. We were supposed to be open until 7:00 tonight and at about 5:30 we were forced to go into our designated "natural disaster" area of our store and all the customers were forced to exit into the safety spot in the mall. Therehave been close to50tornado warnings (meaning there is rotation in the clouds and/or a funnel cloud spotted) throughout Kentucky and 5 here in Lexington (where we've only had 7 total tornadoes in the past 54 years!). The flooding right now is terrible, you can't leave your houses to go driving anywhere because roads have up to a foot of standing water on them, the rivers are flooding and there are mud slides. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen and it's still not over yet as there's a HUGE storm due to arrive in the next several hours (no sleep tonight again!). So much for a memorial day picnic! I know that Indiana and Illinois recieved the storms before we did and that there was significant damage in Indiana and Louisville, Ky.so I REALLY hope that all of you are okay if you live in those areas! We've got a tornado watch right now as the storm's approaching much faster than they thought it would.

Hope everyone's okay! Nothing makes me have anxiety quite like a storm this bad!! Couple that with my still remaining headache and all I can say isBLECH!

God Bless Y'all!

~Rachel

My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

aww no... i too hope u are all ok.. i live in UK, so never had anyting lke that happened to me before..

thinking of u all

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Blassings to you all. I live in British Columbia and we don't get anything like that here. The weather is either nice and hot or cool and raining. We get snow once in a while in the winter.

I hope you are safe and that no damage has been done in your area. I saw one on the news and it said no one was even hurt on the one that was recorded on home video. </TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hey Rachel

This reminds me of a flood we had. Our house was almost flooded! We had to sandbag. And the other week...I was wearing a skirt, the next day we had a freak snowstorm. I'll try and post pictures up when I get them developped!

CRAZY!

Hope you're safe as well!

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">We have had the floodings when I was living on Vancouver Island. I remember we all called our school Lake Bench (our elementary school) and the water would move from the ditch up a 1/4 acre to almost our front door. When I caught the bus we would drive a way and the water would come up to over the wheels. I almost forgot about that happening but we were close to the water and it a rain forest so rain was no big suprise it just caught us off gaurd a little when it came so hard and fast. </TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Well... it was crazy, but I survived! I'm not sure how many, or if any tornadoes actually touched down near us, but I know there ended up being like 30 warnings at one time during the storm in 30 different counties. The worst for us was last night at about 12:30 it got really weird looking outside and then we had torrential (as they describe it on the news) rain and winds up to 70 or 80 miles an hour! They have sky cams throughout the city and one street looked literally like it had ocean waves flowing over it.

There have been 9 storm related deaths thus far throughout the mideast which is a good number (thank God for news coverage and weather sirens!) considering the number of tornadoes actually spawned but several communities have declared states of emergency and have massive flood, and tornado damage. They said we've had more rain and more tornado warnings in the past week then we usually do in a couple years of weather records! All I have to say is I'm building an ark!!!

Hope everyone's aight!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I live in Illinois, but I've been in Minnesota all weekend. I guess I missed all the excitement!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

aww Rachel, hope your ok ... if i was in ur position, i would be absolutely petrified...

take care of urself.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]GOODNESS!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Glad to know that you are safe and sound!!!

This reminds me of a tornado we had here in 97'. It tore off part of the Dillards in the mall!! I was so scared, luckily I was faraway when it happened!! Again, I'm glad to hear you are fine!! I hope the weather calms down soon!!! You want some Texas heat??? I can Fex Ex it to you!!! LOL!!! I sure don't want it!!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]YIKES!!! That sounds pretty scary, I hope all of you guys are doing okay!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.