Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How long does noro last?

Just a quick one folks, as there is a recently noro-infected individual who has been walking the university walls all day! I mentioned the other day how one of my head teachers caught an awful bug which has reported to be noro, and well, as my friends have him for an exam next week, he came in today as they are all stressed. He doesn't teach me anymore in my classes but two of my best friends were locked in a small rehearsal room with him today for four hours, eek! Then I saw my best mate go to his office as he had a private meeting with him.

I feel relaxed these days but rumours are going round that there is some awful 'stuff' flying around our halls. Half the class have tonsillitis and/or flu and the other half seem to have suffered with sickness apparently... I've been at home for the past two weeks so I feel kinda safe, but now I'm on my guard !!

So, he supposedly went down with it on Monday/Tuesday and its now Friday... My brain is saying he would've showered off the germs and he was fine today apparatly. Any info?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Smile Re: How long does noro last?

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    Just a quick one folks, as there is a recently noro-infected individual who has been walking the university walls all day! I mentioned the other day how one of my head teachers caught an awful bug which has reported to be noro, and well, as my friends have him for an exam next week, he came in today as they are all stressed. He doesn't teach me anymore in my classes but two of my best friends were locked in a small rehearsal room with him today for four hours, eek! Then I saw my best mate go to his office as he had a private meeting with him.

I feel relaxed these days but rumours are going round that there is some awful 'stuff' flying around our halls. Half the class have tonsillitis and/or flu and the other half seem to have suffered with sickness apparently... I've been at home for the past two weeks so I feel kinda safe, but now I'm on my guard !!

So, he supposedly went down with it on Monday/Tuesday and its now Friday... My brain is saying he would've showered off the germs and he was fine today apparatly. Any info?
    Hey there! Unfortunately he could still be contagious for as long as 2 weeks after he stopped showing symptoms.. So if he fails to wash his hands properly after using the bathroom, he could still spread it around by touching various surfaces..The best defense for you would be to wash your hands thoroughly each time before touching your face or eating..Grab a paper towel to pull on the door handle when leaving the bathroom.. And remember regular hand sanitizers are not effective against this virus.. If you just keep your hands clean, you will be fine...

Default Re: How long does noro last?

Thanks for a very genuine post! I'd be happier with reassurance but that's very rational of you (: might buy some germstar or anything strong...so far me and my classmate (who live together) have been OK... But I'm on edge when I eat! Thanx!

It's true that people can shed the virus for up to a couple of weeks after recovery, but I would not be greatly concerned about this unless that individual were preparing ready to eat food with poor hygiene or at some point early in their recovery. I assume doorknobs, especially leading to and away from the bathroom are always contaminated so, assuming you are washing your hands after touching such things and befoe eating or putting your hands in your mouth I wouldn't think you need to do anything else.

Thanks jkl - Had a weird stomach day today but I'm putting it down to the spicy foods/coffee combination Ive been having over the past few days as I've been anxiety-free...my other head tutor has it too now and all the teachers' offices are in a very confined hall where I walk about 50 times a day....greaaaaat. Haha. Can we all just stay home until July?