Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad diarrhoea

Default Bad diarrhoea

Was feeling ok then all of a sudden I was doubled over with stomach cramps out of the blue, After a few minutes of trying to regain control I had to rush to the loo where it literally poured out of my (sorry tmi). This went on for over half hour and I was also having hot sweats n nausea. I couldnt move and felt so ill. Eventually I finished and when I looked in the mirror I was deathly pale. I took 2 anti-emetics and a tablet to calm me down. I just had to go again but this time hardly anything came out but what did was liquid. Haven't been out since saturday (which is approx 55 hours ago) when I went to work so could this be a bug or something else?

Default Re: Bad diarrhoea

It could be a bug but it doesn't mean you'll be sick. Try and keep calm and distract yourself with music or TV or reading. It sounds very like an illness I had a few years ago and I didn't v*. Keep telling yourself that if you're sick you can handle it (you really can), it won't be the end of the world. Hope you feel better soon.

It's strange how you haven't been out but I guess you might have caught it later than usual... What did you eat? I've had a miserable bm day today and keep feeling like I have to go I hate germs!

Thanks for replying. I had eaten a stir fry but no meat. I still don't feel great and have had d* a couple of times today but I have eaten. Work tomorrow so fingers crossed. Sorry to hear you havent been feeling good either the cheesecake17

Sounds like you're OK Claire, I think we both are...I reckon there's some horrible stuff trying to hit us these days, even 12 hour bugs...maybe they are minor...anyway I hope you're OK... I ate Chinese food once and had exactly as you had, it was awful

Have you been constipated at all? Sometimes what you describe happens to me when I get constipated and then all the sudden it hits! Its awful. It could be a number of things. Just make sure you try to keep your fluid intake up as having d* can make you dehydrated. xx

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

I experienced the exact same thing few months ago. I was ok, and all of a sudden I had horrible cramps, I even had to sit down because I felt like I was about to faint. I then had watery d* for about 45min. I was also sweating and I had n* . I was ok afterwards. Exhausted but ok. Pain causes n* so if you had such horrible cramps it could be it.
    It could also be a bug but you won't necessarily get s* .. Get some rest if you can and try not to be anxious about it (easier said than done, I know that ...).

Take care x

Thank you everyone.

Went to work but had early finish and was due to go grocery shopping but felt so ill my daughter came and drove me straight home. I had taken anti-emetics and a tablet to calm me down and I fell asleep for 3 hours. Before that I managed to eat a piece of dry toast but still feel rough. The nausea can be really bad and despite taking imodium yesterday I once again feel like I may need to have d*. What do you think my chances are of v* if this all started monday night which is approx 48 hours. Ive got to work again tomorrow and this is really affecting me. Im so scared its crazy.

I have been managing not to visit this site for a few months as I was doing better plus coping with my dads death so I do feel like I'm going backwards with emet right now damn!!

Awww I hope you're ok, it really sounds too innocent to be a bug tbh but like I say it could be a mini bug or even a virus...also don't feel bad about coming here! I also had a good break but recently my stomach has been cheeky and my anxiety is enjoying the thrill haha...

What exactly do you feel? I've been snacking on crackers all day tbh, they seem to help. And mint.... Try sleep it off too.