Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need some support, no one around me understands what I go through on a daily basis

I don't have a gallbladder, and Sunday night my daughter and I went to my parents house for some superbowl snacks. I woke up Monday and felt fine, until I started putting together a lasagna in the crockpot when I smelt the sauce, my stomach churned a little bit, and then the whole rest of the day my stomach was bothering me and I would get hot flashes on my face. I just thought that it was a normal "attack" that I have when I eat certain things because of not having a gallbladder...but normally I don't have the hot flashes with it, and normally it doesn't last all day. I wasn't hungry for dinner, and when I went to bed my stomach was really bothering me and there were a couple of times that I felt like I was going to v*. I finally fell asleep, and then was awakened by my daughter around 3am and she had d* and v*.
    Thank goodness her's was mild and she is feeling better today, but I am upset...my stomach bothered me all day yesterday and I didn't really eat a whole lot, but I am so nervous that I am going to get it, even though I have a feeling that I may have had a touch of it. How long does it normally take once you are exposed to the sv*? I am really scared and really don't want to get it. I went through and cleaned everything yesterday and washed all the bedding and everything. She was sleeping in my bed with me that night too...I hate this time of year so much!

Default Re: I need some support, no one around me understands what I go through on a daily ba

Hi ! I am sorry your daughter was not feeling fine, hope she feels better now.

Just because she was sick does not mean you'll be as well. My mum took care of me everytime I was sick when I was younger and she never caught it once. I am sure that, as an emet, you wash your hands a lot etc. You cleaned, washed the bedding so you did everything you could.

Just try to relax, don't think about it too much (I know it's hard). I don't exaclty when you'll be "safe", but people usually say that after 48h once exposed, it is unlikely to catch it (someone correct me if I am wrong!!).

Anyway, I hope you and your daughter will be fine, keep me updated Don't worry, I understand exactly how you feel, you're not alone.

Default Re: I need some support, no one around me understands what I go through on a daily ba

My guess would be you had it already, just more mild. That has happened to me a number of times when my kids have been much worse. Hope you're both 100% soon!

Thank you! I hope we are too! I really hate the thought of being sick. I am trying to relax but I just want it all to be over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyM18 View Post
    Hi ! I am sorry your daughter was not feeling fine, hope she feels better now.

Just because she was sick does not mean you'll be as well. My mum took care of me everytime I was sick when I was younger and she never caught it once. I am sure that, as an emet, you wash your hands a lot etc. You cleaned, washed the bedding so you did everything you could.

Just try to relax, don't think about it too much (I know it's hard). I don't exaclty when you'll be "safe", but people usually say that after 48h once exposed, it is unlikely to catch it (someone correct me if I am wrong!!).

Anyway, I hope you and your daughter will be fine, keep me updated Don't worry, I understand exactly how you feel, you're not alone.

Thank you! I hope I already had it...I worry I am going to get it. Is it summer yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TryingToBeBrave View Post
    My guess would be you had it already, just more mild. That has happened to me a number of times when my kids have been much worse. Hope you're both 100% soon!

So far I have not v*....I am hoping that is a good sign that if I didn't already have it, I won't be getting it. My daughter was sick Tuesday. I have my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJillian912 View Post
    I don't have a gallbladder, and Sunday night my daughter and I went to my parents house for some superbowl snacks. I woke up Monday and felt fine, until I started putting together a lasagna in the crockpot when I smelt the sauce, my stomach churned a little bit, and then the whole rest of the day my stomach was bothering me and I would get hot flashes on my face. I just thought that it was a normal "attack" that I have when I eat certain things because of not having a gallbladder...but normally I don't have the hot flashes with it, and normally it doesn't last all day. I wasn't hungry for dinner, and when I went to bed my stomach was really bothering me and there were a couple of times that I felt like I was going to v*. I finally fell asleep, and then was awakened by my daughter around 3am and she had d* and v*.
    Thank goodness her's was mild and she is feeling better today, but I am upset...my stomach bothered me all day yesterday and I didn't really eat a whole lot, but I am so nervous that I am going to get it, even though I have a feeling that I may have had a touch of it. How long does it normally take once you are exposed to the sv*? I am really scared and really don't want to get it. I went through and cleaned everything yesterday and washed all the bedding and everything. She was sleeping in my bed with me that night too...I hate this time of year so much!