Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone know what Acid reflux n* feels like?

I'm sorry guys.
    I've posted so much and I even went on this morning how I thought I was recovering haha - oh dear!

Anyway, just a quick one - what does n* with acid reflux feel like?
    For the first time in about six weeks I've had two days of a horrible sickly feeling hovering my upper stomach all the way up to my throat. Zero pain or heartburn but I feel awful when it comes and goes. I've been able to eat ALOT of stuff recently including jalepinos based stuff but this was a good 3/4 days ago. My bms are normal and the "waves" hit me after 2 hours of eating. I thought it might be hunger so I ate some bacon after my cereal but it really didn't settle well until after an hour . It's so strong and feels like n* but at the same time more gaggy, hence why I feel like I wanna v*. When the waves disappear, I can eat anything I want. Then it will rise up again. Ugh. Anyone familiar with this?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Anyone know what Acid reflux n* feels like?

Oh cheesecake, I read your other post too, I'm so glad you got such a boost, your parents sound wonderful! Do you think you stomach is off because of your nerves? Mine will feel like it flips sometimes.. I hate it.. Usually, some antacids help.. Both my mother and my late Grandmother live(d) by the same philosophy about many things, "ignore it and it will go away" lol.. I wish I could be more like that.. Hope you feel better soon..

Thanks for reply Horse!

Nerves could well be the case as I've had a lot of deadlines but usually i stress-eat when i have too much to do! boyfriend issues have crept in to my life aswell but I've gone on a proper binge recently and all of a sudden i felt the urge to stop cos of yesterdays awful feeling..
    It went away after some crackers last night which says a lot and i woke with exceptional hunger in my stomach as i didn't eat a full meal in bout two days. Im eating a chicken sandwich now and so far so good but maybe its a bug? i had a bit of a d* moment two three days ago. grrr. anyway, I'm gonna try do what your gran says and freaking ignore it! thanks so much for reply xx
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I used to get acid reflux with nausea a couple years ago and it was nasty. It sort of did sound like yours - except I did feel some burning in my throat as well. Not heartburn, just a burning sensation in the back of my throat. I still sometimes get it if I eat chicken. Doesn't sound like a bug to me if you're able to eat fine after it goes away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

For me, I never get pain with acid reflux. But when I have the "nausea" it feels almost like something might come up ... I'm not feeling sick in my stomach (which is how I usually differentiate it from actual nausea) but it feels like either warmth or pressure anywhere along my esophagus to my throat like something could possibly come up... or that it's not really staying in my stomach as it should be. Hard to describe it another way. It's not like an urgency, need to get to a toilet right away for it type of feeling but things do not feel settled. If it's worse when you're laying down or after certain foods that's another indication it may be reflux. If that's what you're dealing with its probably minor for you and something like Tums may be a big help. I know if I take 2-3 Tums when I feel that way it helps a lot.

Sometimes I'll also feel stomach bloating and like I need to burp (but can't) which is typical for me and also resolved with Tums. Not something I've ever mistaken for nausea but just a discomfort/bloating feeling that's really unpleasant especially when in combination with the other symptoms I mentioned.

I have been having issues with GERD for a couple of years now. All sorts of symptoms on and off. Sometimes I will feel nauseous after eating but I've come to realize it's just that I have to burp. When I think about it while I have the feeling, I can tell that my stomach is not upset, it's just a feeling in my throat or perhaps esophagus. After I burp, usually a few times, the feeling goes away and I feel fine. I usually take Tums when I get this feeling because sometimes it takes too long to burp naturally, lol.

That's also been me this week ^^^ burping has relieved so much bloating and uncomfortable sensations! Sometimes a glass of water shifts it tbh and lemon water. Thanks for replies guys x

I'm so sorry you felt this way.
    I would suggest you drink potent ginger tea as it soothes nausea pretty effectively. It's been an amazing cure, it just takes a little bit of time to kick in, but it definitely does.
    Also if it's acid reflux, you can use a bit of alkaline in your stomach.
    You can use a pinch of baking soda in luke warm water as an antacid or base solution. It can help with the pH imbalance in your stomach.