Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: what do you do?

I was just wondering what goes through everyones head minutes before V*ing? Also what do you do if you think you are going to, and do you prefer to be alone or with someone if you are V*ing?

Personally I cannot have anyone around me if i feel sick, I make my boyfriend go in another room so I can be alone. Then I pace around the living room, while i wait for the ginger capsule to work, thinking "this cant happen." I'll alsorub my stomach in hopes that it will help, or I will sit and press the stomach pressure point on my foot, which somtimes helps.

I was also wondering if taking too much ginger can harm me because I used to take like 9 capsules a day!

It's been two days and no one has touched this one.

I guess no one wants to think about those scary thoughts.

It's not so scary to me. Once I know it's going to happen, I go into autopilot. Grab a glass of water, head to the bathroom, sit on the side of the tub and wait. I try to drink some water, or pace for a bit to see if the feeling subsides (most of the time this in and of itself stops me from vomitting)- but if it doesnt, I make sure I am in the bathroom because I live alone and can't bear the thought of having to clean up a vomit mess.

I also prefer to have no one there if I am sick. Maybe it's because I can't stand to be around someone else if they are going to vomit and automatically assume that everyone is this way- or maybe it's because for some strange reason I think that people will think it's completely disgusting and not want to associate with me any longer (which I know is a thinking error- but sometimes it is still there)- I don't know. Next time however- I'm going to try and let my boyfriend hang around. As a nurse, when someone is sick he wants to help out- and isn't grossed out by anything. I know he's hurt when I tell him to leave me be when I'm sick- so I'm going to let him stay and see what happens.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know this questionmight sound weird, but how do you know it is going to happen? Will my body just *know*? I haven't done it in so long and I'm scared.

When I think I'm going to V*, I usually ask someone to be with me - yet I kinda wish I were alone at the very same time. I want someone to comfort me. When I feel this way, I usually sit outside and not in the bathroom --- bathrooms scare me too much...

Your body just kind of knows...you feel your throat kind of close (or constrict, feel tight- I don't know exactly how to describe it) and your stomach sort of lurch. I know for myself that my stomach actually contracts a few times before anything actually comes up, so even if I am sleeping I still have time to make it to the bathroom. I have never actually vomitted in my sleep- I always manage to wake up beforehand.

Vomitting is a natural thing- like breathing and going to the bathroom. Your body can't forget how to do it (this was discussed I think in a post a few months ago)- you may forget how it feels, but your body will know what to do if and when the time comes

You prefer to be outside? I know that I would rather be there for the fresh air aspect, but would not want to see it again the next day, haha. With the bathroom at least with one flush it's gone

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"bathrooms scare me too much..."

when i was younger and thought that I was going to be sick I would never walk to the bathroom...because i felt that if i did it ment that I was giving up and that IT would happen then...but if i never walked in there i would not give up..which usually made for some messy situations however lol...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I am 37 years old and have never once made it to the bathroom when I have V****. I think that it is the thought that if I go in there, I WILL for sure, and there is no turning back. Strange how a lot of us see the bathroom as a bad place when we arent feeling good!

Parrot, I always wait til the last minute, like I'm in denial about it going to happen, and sometimes I barely make it. I know a couple times this year when I've been hungover, I would grab some ice, and lay on the bathroom floor. Thankfully nothing happened. When I feel nauseaus, I lay very still and think of things that will calm me down. I also can't decide if I want someone around me or not. I won't tell anyone til the absolute last minute when I know I'm going to v*. I feellike if I tell someone to early, that it means it will happen for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvin400

"bathrooms scare me too much..."

when i was younger and thought that I was going to be sick I would never walk to the bathroom...because i felt that if i did it ment that I was giving up and that IT would happen then...but if i never walked in there i would not give up..which usually made for some messy situations however lol...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I don't want to put my head where someone else took a bowel movement. I think that concept is nasty... I think bathrooms are scary because they are small and confined - when I panic, I need to be able to get out and I can't get out if I'm in a bathroom sick.

I'm also afraid to go into the bathroom because then it is like I'm "giving in" - like what someone else said. Going in THERE makes it seem inevitable and freaks me out. I will sit with a trashcan before I'll sit in the bathroom. I am afraid the physical room will make me sick because that is where I know most people do get sick.

I always made it to the bathroom when I was a kid, at least the sink if not the toilet. As an adult, I'm petrifed that I won't know when my body is really going to be sick --- I don't know that part of me because I get false alarms all the time. I always locate trash cans and or bags I can use in case *it* happens and I can't get outside.

Why outside? If what I'm doing is really "natural", then I can be in the most "natural" of places to do it! I want to be where I can run or get away from it and myself, not be confined to a small place. I get so scared when I'm stuck in a place where I can't get out - so doing it outside makes me feel better in some weird way.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

when i feel im naseous i hop over my balcony (first flor) and jog around
    breathing very deeply.. cause i feel claustrophobic and ewww inside..
    and ususalyl the feeling goes away
    unless its really serious then ill eventually puke but..then oviosly i got
    nothing else right? and when i start vomiting i just let it go and try and finish
    as sooon as i can and just say hey i did it.. and it wasnt that bad..
    i hate anyone being around me ebcause i feel that they are panicking with
    me and that makes me more anxious...
    and i dont like poeple feeling sorry for me because i feel that i am strong
    enough to do i t.. because i dont like to think of myself as weak..
    i can do antyhing u know?...

I would rather be out side in the the dark if i HAVE to get sick then anywhere else...I dont know why. In fact the last two times I have (which is out of a total of around 9 times in my post baby life.) gotten sick have been out side at night, cuz thats where i will run.

Btw ..great attitude hanarky!!