Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default O.T quick period question for the females!

Guys I'm sorry this is off-topic but as much as I dread the emet associated things to do with pregnancy and kids etc in the potential future, I've recently become a little frightened by how light my periods are, despite recent weight gain.

I'm 5'8 and weigh just under 50kg. I understand this may be a little under what I should be but the SCARY thing is, even when I was this weight aged 17/18 I had periods for 4/5 days. Mine now are literally two days then it goes very dead.. I'll spot but that's about it for another 26 days :/. I understand I'm lucky and have it easy but this weeks one(which started properly Saturday night) began to fade on Sunday night, which petrifies me. I'm still on but only very dryly... My mum gets normal periods and always speaks of how fertile she was when she had me and my bro 24 years ago but I must admit, the instinct in me is petrified. I took a morning after pill in May and lost an incredible amount of weight after that(I was just 44kg in June) but shouldnt my periods be back to how they used to be by now?

I thought some people migt have experience seeing as emet has been the prme reason for not eating properly...
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: O.T quick period question for the females!

Hi Cheesecake,

I'm assuming you aren't on the pill/patch/etc. ? I'm on the pill so I'm not sure if this is helpful information or not to you. If I have a hard time eating and my period comes it maybe lasts a day if that sometimes its a few hours, but if I eat normally my period can last 2-3 1/2 days. Being underweight can make your period time shorten or even disappear. When I am having a normal period the first day is usually pretty steady then after that its usually spotting nothing significant. (sorry if its TMI!) Also I have been on the pill for 10+ years and just within the last few years my period has really shortened it used to be 4-5 days. I'm not sure what caused this as I haven't switched the pill I have been on. I don't know if its because I'm getting older or what? But anyways! Have you been exercising at all? Women who exercise a lot can have a period that is pretty non existent.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

Thanks for the info Bebopy, I'm not on any birth control although I have taken two morning after pills but one in Nov 2014 and the other May 2015. I've heard they proper mess with our systems though but surely not this long :/. I'm fairly regular too but this months came four/five days early which also made me worry as irregular periods don't sound good at age 22...

I used to exercise quite a fair bit and lost my periods for a whole three months which was pretty damn SCARY back in 2013 but after that they came back good and since have been fine just very light for the past year...but nope, I hardly exercise although I do quite a fair lot of walking to and from Uni but really its nothing in comparison to when I was at the gym!

Do you think it's worth seeing a doc? Yours sounds normal as you have a reason for yours to change or become lighter cos of the pill but I have never touched it so hmmmm

I agree with the morning after pill, it can truly mess with your system but shouldn't be so long. Have you been under a lot of stress? A long, long time ago my period NEVER showed one month even when I was on the pill and been taking it religiously. I was so scared I was pregnant, but came to realize that I was really overwhelmed with a lot going on in my life at that time and that can have an effect on your body.

It might be worth seeing a doctor just to make sure. When I wasn't on the pill my periods were everywhere from heavy one month to non existent the next month so its hard to say from my experience because my body was messed up before I went on the pill haha.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz