Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been exposed to a stomach bug, big time! My husband went to a Christmas party last night with his family. I couldn't go--I had to work. So this morning, my MIL called to say that her husband, my BIL and my niece were all throwing up! Nobody else was sick, so it wasn't the food. Plus, they were exposed to a virus a few days ago.

I begged my hubby to stay home, but it's Christmas and he really wanted to see his family--even though he just saw them last night. So we went over to the germ-infested house! I tried to wash my hands and not touch anything. But eek. This really sucks! Now I have to play the waiting game.

By the way, it's been 18 years today since the last time I v*. Happy anniversary to me. I hope I can go 19! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I really feel for you and think it was a little unfair of your husband to insist on seeing his family today. If it is any help, my son had a v* bug last Christmas but neither my daughter or myself caught it. I spent ages worrying we would and did not enjoy last Christmas at all. As usual all the worry was for nothing. I am sure you will be fine.

I meant to congratulate you on 18 years since you last V* . I have only managed 3 years.

I hope you or your husband don't get sick!

BUT- I know for myself, I would have probably went to see my family, even if they were sick. I would have probably been stressed about it, and probably not enjoyed myself all thatmuch. I guess for me family needs to outrank my emet. Ideologically- I just need to have it this way or else I will go insane.

I guess I am thinking about it too through the eyes of a non-emet- I know that in the past on our traditional xmas-eve family gatherings, we have had sick kids come in their pj's. It would freak the crap out of me- but no one else seemed to mind, and the kid themself actually wanted to go. I figured it would be very scrooge-like for me to make a stink of it when the owners of the house didnt mind, the kid didnt want to miss out on xmas and the gift exchange, and no one else had a problem with it.

It's hard, but sometimes when I get angry about something emet-related I try to step away from the situation and view it from the point of view of someone who is 'normal' (in terms of not having this fear). It kind of helps to put things in perspective.

Anyway- I hope everything ends up fine, and your household remains illness-free

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Argh. It's two in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm not exactly panicking--I rarely have actual panic attacks on my meds-- but I'm worrying, worrying, worrying. I had diarrhea earlier, but that could have been all the food I ate at dinner. I had a lot of lil' smokies, and sausage always disagrees with me. But it tastes so good.

My dh is still fine. But my stupid brain won't shut up. I'm thinking of taking something to help me sleep, but I dunno. I just don't want to wake up sick. Grrr...why did this have to happen to me on Christmas????

If you washed your hands and really did be careful, you should be fine.. Besides that, if they weren't still sick and they ate, it sounds like it wasn't the worst SV ever. Perhaps you could skid by this one with few symptoms. Also, I don't kow this for sure, but I did read somewhere that as the same strain in a household infects so many, it starts to wear thin and each person doesn't get it as badly and the first people. Even if it isn't true, you can try and convince yourself it is.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Oh, sorry for the confusion! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] My husband's family wassick, and we went to my family's for dinner. Everyone was okay on my side of the family.

Anyway, so far this morning, I'm okay. So is dh. Saying lots of prayers!