Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

...get your mind to stop obsessing about sv*s? I am a nervous wreck(read stupid family post) and I need to calm down. I am just so worried and winter has only just begun!!I've been cooking and cleaning and re-organizing and doing everything possible to get my mind of everything. I'm going to take my xanax butlastnight it did'nt even work. I can't sleep, I don't wanna eat, I've got m,ore family coming tomorow and I promised my 9 yr old I'd take her to the mall but uugh-the germs! I don't care about flu or colds-my kids are ill with the cold right now and the way my sinuses feel, I'm sure I'm coming down with it. But I still don't understand howsv*sare so easily spread. So of course, I never feel safe from them . And the more stories I hear, the worse I get. Help.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I don't think it's unreasonable to not-go-to-malls on the peak days of the year.

It's all over the news and there's no mystery, the day after
    thanksgiving and the day after Christmas are the busiest days of the
    year. If you wait just one day, you could be faced with a crowd that is
    10-25% smaller. If for no other reason, it's going to be a pain to park
    there. Why do people insist on going to malls on the peak days? It
    makes no sense to me! Just stay out of those dirty ass restaurants
    where nary a sole washes their hands and you'll elimiate a lot of risk
    right there. (That's my opinion)

As for how to stop obsessing, I do what you're already doing. I find
    something to do or something clean or something to fix. I cut the lawn,
    wash my cars, laundry etc. There's always something to do. I use up so
    much time on the Internet forums that I could be washing the windows or
    the siding or pulling weeds. Ahh! There's an endless list of things I
    need to do.

I hate the mall because of the germs and I lie and tell my family that I hate to shop, so I never go to the malls. I did go yesterday and it was not very busy and I went alone and I used GERMX so many times that I can't even remember a time I was not using it. I did not touch the escalotor rail, I used my own pen, i just did not touch too much and like I said it wasn't too busy. Needless to say, I was wreck by the time I got home thinking about all the germs that were lingering in that mall from days before etc. It was so dumb of me, but I am like you, I just freak out about all of this.

My son has had a cold/cough for weeks and I have it now too and I even have larangytis (I have no clue how to spell it) and I still am happier than even thinking about V*. Oddly enough I have a sinus problem that I have had for 3 weeks and I am happy as could be as long as no V* is involved. Aren't we weird in that way. It is o.k to feel crappy for weeks as long as we don't V* even once. What is the matter with us that this is so bad???
    TRY to live each day like it were your last