I am currently in the process of recovering from this disorder which quite literally took over my life. I began having this fear at age 5 when I had a terrible virus and didn't understand what was happening to me. Now I am 18 years old and it has worsened over the course of my life, eventually becoming an eating disorder in high school. When I left for my first semester of college, I restricted myself to my dorm room and only ate around 500 calories a day. For those recovering from emet which has become an eating disorder, there are a lot of uncomfortable feelings that you must face. Since my body became used to very little food intake, my digestive system had atrophied and it didn't work as well as it used to. This led to a lot of uncomfortable feelings such as acid reflux and bloating. Also, as my blood sugar began to change, I experienced highs and lows throughout the day, and the changes often caused nausea. But the thought that helps me the most is that my body desperately wants to be stronger, and therefore wants to hold onto any nutrients it can. Why would it want to get rid of progress? Also, the nausea caused by changes in blood sugar rarely, if ever, leads to getting sick. I still have a long way to go, and I hope you will all have tips and remarks to add about your own treatment processes.