Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Food safety cream question

Hello,
    I was made a cream and potato pie yesterday for dinner. I ate half and then left it in the kitchen, for around 30 mins before putting it in the fridge, as we had guests. I then put it in the fridge, and left it until 6pm today, when I put it into a bake and baked it in the oven for 30 mins at 180 degrees celsius. Is this likely to cause me to be sick? Because I really don't want that and am freaking out about it.

Thanks for any replies.

Default Re: Food safety cream question

I really think you'll be OK! A quote from my brother which always gets me through panicking about food
    "I have eaten pink and chicken and been OK. That's the worst possible scenario and all I had was a small stomach ache. Stop worrying and start eating!" Haha. However I'd be the same... Did it taste good? I think a good indicator of safety is the taste...you should be fine (: I hope you enjoyed it at least

Default Re: Food safety cream question

I think the longest period you can safely leave food out at room temperature is 2 hours, so you are well within the safe period. Enjoy your leftovers, they sound delicious