Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can morning sickness start at 1/2 weeks? :/

OK guys. Sexual content, I'm sorry but Im worried....if you wanna read the emet part, scroll down to the last paragraph!

Im aware I'm already driving myself insane and going schitzo over this but here's the deal. (Sorry for way too much TMI here and any disappointment regarding contraception!)
    I never have sex with my bf as I don't react well to contraceptives and just dont ever feel the 'drive'... But after 9 months of not doing it, we decided to 'quickly do it' on the morning of 13th of Feb(I believe this was 11 days ago...). OK...this is the detailed part(again sorry folks).... I asked him if he had c* recently to which he said "not since 24hrs ago" so he'd obviously been to the bathroom before we did it.... Plus we literally did it for two mins, just to see what it felt like....I saw no c* and felt nothing....which i was relaxed about, plus we literally only 'put it in' for a very short amount of time.
    Now, here's the odd thing. The day before we did it I had period cramps, as I usually do a few days before I start... I told my mate and how I was getting them a little early as I was due on around Feb 16/17 and she told me not to worry.
    The next morning was the sex morning... And low and behold, 8-9 hours later. I started a full period. So! That made me relax as A.he didn't ejaculate and B.if any implantation happened, surely it would have been hard as I was 'on' right? So I've promised my bf I won't worry (he gets very very stressed when I get stressed about this..)

Emet part - My stomach is always in a state so I've given up with it now and am gonna try cutting out sugar. However, I've recently become very sensitive to stuff I love....coffee made me feel n* last night....cake and chocolate which I LOVE I just can't eat at the moment without feeling really acidic and just overly sugared. Doesn't morning sickness cause this kind of thing? I know its been eleven days since we did it and I panic about everything but I'm constantly concerned.... I won't be on a period for another three weeks I guess....would it be worth taking a test?

Very sorry about such graphic stuff, I really am

Default Re: Can morning sickness start at 1/2 weeks? :/

IVF it concerns you, take a test to ease your mind. Was your period normal? Some can bleed so e with implsntation, but that is usually more like spotting. My bet would be you are not pg, but it's worth a cheap test if it will help your mind feel better.

It was a normal period but exceptionally light, my periods usually last about 4 days tops though and this one was proper blood for about two days then very very brownish but it ended after seven days .....hmmm

Take a test if you wanna know for sure.

I'm thinking probably not, but you never know. I never felt sick that early but that's different for each person, my groin area would ache at first, hard to explain. I would start feeling ill around 6 weeks. Take a test but let it sit about a half hour after you take it because it's so early. It will need more time to get true results because there are less pregnancy hormones in your body this early. Hope all goes well

Cheers guys. I haven't been too worried about it but the more the days go on I'm scared of getting early symptoms whilst I'm in university :/ but I really don't think it's possible but at the same time I don't wanna be stupid and naive to find I got unluxly.(or in some cases, lucky lol)

I'll take a test in about a week or something. cheers guys, x

What you did is a really terrible idea, unfortunately. I'm not shaming you, but whoever taught you about sex lol. A "quickie" does not mean you won't get pregnant, there is often semen in pre-cum, you can in fact get pregnant on your period, and unprotected sex can cause horrible diseases as well as pregnancy. Please please please never do this again.

It's fine haha I expected worse replies!
    Still a little on-edge as I approach each day, I usually ovulate quite early in my cycle and I don't feel as though I'm ovulating right now(and I should be) so hmm.... Awkward. I return back to my campus home which I share with my boyfriend tomorrow so I might go ahead and buy a test..is it too early to tell? Another part of me says there is probably no way I could be pg given the circumstance..but I know that's wrong to think..?hmmm

Yes, I don't want to alarm you, but I agree with what Redastrid said. My youngest was conceived (omg I'm so sorry. So tmi!!) using the 'pull-out' method. I know 100% that my boyfriend at the time (now husband) did it at the right time and it's the one time we didn't use contraceptive. So my son was concieved the way Redastrid said.

I don't really think you are pregnant but I'm telling you this so you and everybody else who reads this can squash the myth that you can't get pregnant if you 'pull-out" on time or not finish at all.

Right guys - I went and bought two pregnancy tests and did one as soon as I arrived home around 40 minutes ago. After about a minute, the 'not pregnant' line showed up and has stayed ever since. I'm happy and relaxed but am aware it was 16 days ago we did it. I am planning on taking another if things don't seem to be normal in a week or two but does this sound reliable?

I vow never to be so juvenile ever again and apologies about the o.t!

It would be positive after 16 days if you were pregnant.

Thanks TryingToBeBrave, that's what my friend said too but I thought it was longer ? Ah well. I'm trusting that it's certain, thanks !

I'm sorry to turn the attention back to this guys but my body is seriously playing tricks with me and my head is screaming allsorts about this.

I have taken four tests so far, first one two weeks after the incident, second around three weeks, another that same week and finally, just three days ago. So! In total that's four negatives but it's technically my day 29 and I still haven't come on :/ . I'm not regular usually but also never irregular. Usually stuff starts happening at day 29. Last time it was 26(which was weird too). Anyway, all I wanna know is - the last test I took would have been 25 days since the sex so..shall I bother buying another one? I usually have mild cramps a few hours before I start but I've had zero I hate my anxiety more than anything, I'm petrified that in two weeks morning sickness will start and it will all kick off 😰😰

Any advice? Shall I just literally forget about it?
    Ps- TMI but my discharge has been very very light , as it is usually before a period but I'm still suspicious
    Last edited by thecheesecake17; 03-12-2016 at 02:04 AM.

I also keep over thinking whether I'm having mild cramps but I can't tell as I know the mind is strong about stuff like that...since last night I keep feeling tiny tiny cramps but I honestly don't know if it's cos I'm trying really hard to observe it :/ I'm pretty impressed if they're not real as they've felt like spasms but I know how creative my brain can get with my body haha ugh, never ever ever ever having sex again

Even if your cycle is wonky (mine are), if it has been at least 2 weeks since your unprotected sex, you would have gotten a positive pregnancy test if you were.

Thanks for this. The test leaflet had to do this for safety but there's a section that said "if you are still late for your period and get a negative, there's a chance you should wait until your period is overdue so take another test" so my mind is like " shall I take another?" But all my friends say I'm crazy and that there is zero way I could be. I just find it an irritating coincidence how I'm late for the first time and I had sex one month ago. Urgh.

Also I'm confused as to when I started - it came on the night of 13th but apparently I should count it from the 14th? So confusing. Oh well

But you're right. deep down I know I'm OK, I think I'm curious as to what's going on...

Thanks anyway!

It would have been positive by now. Stress can make you late.

Yeah, my last one was super early so this doesn't surprise me..its just the first time in ages I've been late and the fact I had sex just culinates to pregnancy in my mind...

Thanks guys

Having a meltdown. Day 31 and nothing. Family mad at my boyfriend and am planning on splitting with him as he's not being very supportive, I understand I'm going crazy but I'm so scared. Even told my mum who's a spiritual Christian and she's telling me to just end it....so angry for doing it cos I'm stressed AF. Funny how my emet shrinkens at these times though haha.

I really really don't know what's gonna happen

Have you taken another test?

Last one I took was the date I was due on, the rest were pretty early to be fair..so like three days ago basically! I just see no sign of AF and have spells of either "you'll be OK" or "this is the first late period you've ever had since a stressful time three years ago" ... So many women have posted on various forums saying their positives came like four weeks after their expected period! What's that!

Do I buy a sixth test? My mum is being very cool but is telling me I look worryingly underweight and that it's stress but a little too coincidental in my op.urgh

Take another one, and like I said before, let it sit like a half hour before you Chuck it. It will tell you if your prego or not. I have had 5 kids and a few miscarriages. I would get my tests at a dollar store. They were cheap so I would get 2 because sometimes they would be messed up, like missing the strip. Anyways, if you are pregnant it will be positive. With my second child I went to the obgyn to get my text and some tests done and she came back and told me I wasn't pregnant, the test was negative. I told her I took a test and it said I was. She got ticked and got the test to show me but lo and behold, it was positive. Anyway. That's how I learned to let them sit. Good luck
    Try not to worry, that can cause a late perriod too. So can not eating much.

I am willing to bet that you're fine. If you're truly worried and feel that the home tests you've been taking aren't being accurate, Planned Parenthood will give you one for free if you qualify based on income. They've done it for me in the past.

Momof5- Thanks so much, I have actually been leaving my tests to sit for an hour haha and coming back to them. But it petrifies me that it could still be positive, I'm at home now too and here for the next month and the thought of morning sickness starting is worrying me the most, despite how stupid that is...I will literally lose all my weight through not eating. At this rate I don't even know if my body can carry a baby as im that thin. I'm in the UK and don't have planned parenthood I don't think and I'm also not signed up to any doctor in my home as we moved only two months ago(I can't sign up permanently until i graduate as I'm with a doc in my Uni city) but anyway yeah, no idea. Going out with my mum now, gonna ask her what I can do :/ thanks though

Yourjedi, yeah thanks, each test has come up within a second saying negative and I've ever been using morning urine for some of them.... I don't even know what to think anymore. I'll probably go buy one.

Discharge is more fluent now but sticky and non fertile, really dunno what this means. Cramps also happening but zero period.

You can get pregnancy tests done in most chemists including the ones in places like Asda. Morning urine is best as the pregnancy hormone the test is looking for is more concentrated when you get up. In some people the pregnancy hormone builds up quite slowly so they do get false negatives for a few weeks. The cramping could be implantation cramps or period pains. I had period pains when I got pregnant which is why I didn't test straight away as I was convinced my period was going to start at any minute and they actually continued for the first few months which was worrying. From the circumstances you describe I'd be really shocked if you were actually pregnant but you need to know for sure to put your mind at rest.

Thanks pauline. I think I'm fixating on worst case scenarios as I always do, I'm not listening to the women who say they've been late for whatever reason , just finding the ones who get pregnant. Your situation seemed complicated though, I bet that was a very confusing time.

Just had discharge which looked half clear and half dark yellow which I'm really really hoping is maybe the start of a period but I'm probably being optimistic. Hmmm.

If you're underweight, that could be the reason why your late. Quite often women can stop getting their periods all together when they're underweight. When I was young mine were always messed up because I below what is considered a healthy weight.

Maybe :/
    My last period was so so light it was barely even blood tbh :/ but I weighed less in the summer and they carried on?? For about nine months they have been only been two days heavy then it just kinda vanishes....my mum seems to think it's the problem but I find it too coincedental

Well guys, I think it's safe to say I'm out of the woods.

Took a test in the supermarket after a morning of cramps again, petrified as I was sure I almost saw two lines but it was a certain no and as I wiped I saw bright red blood...couldn't believe it. It looks more like spotting but that's what usually happens before I come on. I can't surely think I'm still pregnant after six negatives and blood and cramps. Thankyou all so so much for the help and I'm sorry I have clogged up this specific thread page!

Thanks you x1000