Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ladies- anyone else feel sick before their period?

For the past year or so I've been feeling SO n* a couple days before my period starts. It's so bizarre that it recently started happening because I've been on the same bc for the past 4 years. It's getting very debilitating- to the point where I can't even move in fear that I'm going to v*. (Although I'm sure my anxiety doesn't make it any better) Wondering if anyone else goes through this or has been through this and has found a solution! Not sure if I should try a change in bc? Currently on ocella. When I'm feeling sick I feel like nothing except time makes it better. I try ginger, peppermint, water...but to no avail!

Any suggestions or similar experiences would be appreciated
    xoxo

Default Re: Ladies- anyone else feel sick before their period?

I have it to a degree but mine is not as debilitating as you say yours is. I can say that when my anxiety was worse then nausea was also worse so your symptoms are likely in part from anxiety. I didn't ever find any magical solution except to try to keep as normal of a routine as possible and keep reminding myself that this happens every single month and has never actually resulted in me vomiting. Since I've gotten my anxiety under control I still get mild nausea usually the day before and first day, sometimes the second day as well. It still makes me not want to eat anything and puts me in a little bit of an anxious state but I just keep up with those same things - maintaining a normal routine including eating and remembering it happens every month.

If it's really debilitating though I'd definitely talk to your doctor as a different pill might be the solution - even if it just lowers the degree of nausea, or preferably eliminates it all together. I use a low dose pill and the only symptom I have is the mild nausea but I've had that even before starting on birth control so I'm not sure how much that affects it.

Good luck! I hope you find the solution you need!

Ohmygosh Courtney! Once again we have the mirrored effects! I'm due on in a week or so and just feel awful now and then..that post I put yesterday might explain why I felt like I was coming close to v* again, although as Afdpt mentioned, its probably worsened by anxiety. But even if I'm at home all day doing nothing, in a non-anxious setting, its so damn tedious! It will be there in the noon then BAM - nighttime I'll be flying high again laughing an dancing as I feel on top of the world. Mine struck up at 5-6pm last night...had a nice long break between 6 and 12 then around 12:30 in bed I felt my food still digesting and felt 'eurgh'. Difference is I'm not on BC so maybe it's something to do with your BC?

Mine seems ALOT worse these days, I'm hoping I haven't got what my mum has which is apparently an allergy to the PMS hormone(she v*D ALOT when she was in her 40s a week before she was on)

I found this last night as I was trying to figure out why my stomach suffered the most before my period and I'm aware not everyone has acid on this site but this kinda put my mind at ease.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/a...re-period.html

Furthermore, I like to play a game with my stomach when it happens and just not take any remedies and let it bypass on its own. I go round smelling food or go sit with someone cooking and more often than not I feel better and its a nice reminder that I'm not sick 'sick,'. However, these past few times before I go on, I've had to reach for a mint. Just to calm my anxiety...thank God for peppermint, took it right away immediately.

Ugh, so nice to know we're not alone! It's SO awful though! I finally made an appt with my doctor because I can't do this every month anymore! Peppermint definitely helps but it was so bad on Friday even that couldn't touch it!
    Thanks for the link, by the way! Definitely going to check it out.
    xox

Yes I often feel nauseous a day or two before hand too but not every month, it's weird. It must be hormonal so like a mini dose of morning sickness I guess.