Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help plz daughter sick

Hi my daughter is 5 we were out in the car today and she asked for bowl and was sick i assumed she was car sick again and held bowl and sat close. 6 hours later she was violently sick again but in the toilet i stood outside door as normally husband deals with as im terrified but he was out. Again 5 hours on was sick in toilet again this is selfish to say but is it likely in these situations i would catch it? i havnt eaten since her 2nd bout as terrified etc husband now home and sleeping with her. I normally avoid anyone being sick but couldnt leave her alone so played craft and board games all afternoon etc been antibac constantly but wouldnt normally spend so much time with sick people. im really freaking out i feel fine at the moment other than anxiety panic. need reassuring

Default Re: help plz daughter sick

First of all well done coping with your daughter being sick. I know how hard it is trying to appear calm when all you want to do is run away and cry. When my daughter was young she would actually go and v* on her own whilst I was 'busy' getting her a glass of water from the kitchen.

How do you know your daughter has anything contagious? It could be any number of things from an ear infection to something she has eaten which hasn't agreed with her. Thankfully your husband is home and can now take over the caring. In the past when she has v* and he has looked after her has he ever caught it? Keep up with the hygiene and hopefully you'll be absolutely fine.

Thats a good point he always looks after her and is right in there and bleaching and has not caught it from her. I wouldnt think ears as she has suffered from birth with perfurations etc under ent had operations etc never affected her before. She is full of cold but refusing to eat anything whereas a cold dont normally stop her lol. Considering she is 5 she understands my phobia and runs to the toilet she rarely has an accident she is brilliant and says i no u cant come in but stand by door bless her so not alone she is so good even said in car may i have the bowl please i need be sick sorry poor thing. I cant stand anyone being sick or anything about it but she suffers with asthma which results in her coughing rather than wheezing untill she is sick so we have sick 2 nights a week from that but as i no its not contagious then i can help her even clean the bowl oddly its the not knowing with this one she only sick every 5 hours strangely. Thank you for replying x

Aw what a brave and thoughtful little girl. My daughter was much the same only she didnt know about my phobia until she was 17. How I managed to hide it from her I don't know but I was determined she would not become phobic. She also suffered with asthma and would v* from that but like you that didnt seem quite as scary. I now have a 13 month old grandson and the thought of going through this again with him is daunting. I hope your daughter gets a good nights sleep and wakes up more herself and that you can start to relax.

Thank you so much I'm hoping so she asleep for now with her daddy. I'm so worried about passing phobia on but she seems calm reassures me bless her. So hard to hide it I seem to get worse with every bug . Think you calmed me to try and sleep thank you so much for talking x

No problems