Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please please help is anyone on here?

Hi everyone,

My almost 5 year old daughter was complaining of a sore tummy most of the afternoon. When I got home from the shop, she suddenly and unexpectedly vomited forcefully right next to me. Some of it went on my hand and some down the side of my top, the rest on the floor. I was so shocked, I froze. My husband took her outside where she vomited two more times a large volume. Sorry if too graphic

I guess I am doomed now. 😢😢
    I went outside and took off my clothes and dumped them. I was walking around in a stunned daze for a while wondering what to clean up first. My husband took her upstairs and washed her in the bath and told me to get in the shower. He is downstairs cleaning up the v*

I have just showered and am sitting on my bed typing this. She is downstairs watching TV and has been okay but it was only about 45 min ago that she v*

I have her some tummy cramp medicine and 4mg Zofran, doc said Zofran is ok for her age.

Just how doomed are we??

I keep thinking that I have noro viruses coursing thru my blood now incubating and it is driving me crazy. I want to scream 😢😢😭😭

Default Re: Please please help is anyone on here?

Hi there!

I know kids can v* for all sorts of reasons. You mentioned that she was complaining that her tummy was sore for awhile. Usually with sv* they are pretty quick to happen where you don't have time to even think. Did she eat anything that may have upset her stomach? Has she been sick recently at all, meaning cold, flu, etc. I think your husband is absolutely wonderful by telling you to go take a shower while he cleaned up. No matter what happens you will get through this! xxxx

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

My hubby gave her some juice and she v* one more time. Large amount of mainly liquid...sorry if graphic
    Was worried about dehydration and did not know how to manage this on my own so we went to the ER
    She perked up quickly there and was back to her normal self again...bouncing around etc. The doc said there was no fever or other symptoms of virus but he cannot rule out virus as there is no way of knowing for sure
    They did a fluids tolerance test, she drank some sugary tea and was fine so we are home now and she is asleep. No more v* and there was no *d. She was just complaining that her hiccups were bothering her

Now we play the waiting game. 😦😟

On a funny note though and I cannot believe I laughed through all this...at the hospital, they gave my daughter a vomit bowl for just in case...it was kind of a card boardish type one and she was prancing around with it on her head like a hat...I was crying and laughing at the same time

Kids are so tough, brave and amazing! She handled it like a champ...wish I could do the same *sigh*
    Here is this poor little sicky and she is even entertaining us and making us laugh

Sorry to hear your daughter has been unwell. From past experience I find it's best to limit fluid amounts after a child has v'ed. My husband always used to let my daughter guzzle water / juice after she had v'ed and she would promptly bring it back up again!! Unfortunately it took me several occasions to figure that she should just have a few sips, wait a while then sip some more. I've also heard that drinking weak black tea can help ease v'ing, although not sure whether it actually works.
    Also, just because you had v on you it doesn't mean you're doomed!
    Lol about the sick bowl, the sight of them just makes me cringe! Once I was on a plane and a little girl in front started playing with the sick bag, totally oblivious that she was putting the fear of God into me!
    Hope your daughter is feeling better now.

She is still sleeping soundly but I have just woken up mid panic attack
    Shaking, pounding heart and gurgling tummy...trying to calm myself down

This morning she seems back to her normal self and was pretty chipper so it only happened twice yesterday and was short lived

It's been about 17 hours and hubby and I are still ok, however I realize it is still too early and I can't stand the waiting 😦

I hope you and your husband are still okay. It might have been some bug that just bothered your daughter. Adults have better immune systems so this may likely pass you and your husband by. xx

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

We are approaching the 30 hour mark and are both still okay. I haven't eaten much today because of anxiety. Hubby has gone to bed already and I am distracting myself watching some TV
    I am very hungry but nervous to eat...I think it's only once we have passed the 36 hour mark that maybe we can relax a little. Many svs incubate for that time period so I am scared still

I think you'll be okay. Hold tight. Not much longer to go before you can relax. x

We are now approaching the 48hr mark and all still okay.
    I did wake up at 3am last night with one bout of mild d* and a mild queasy stomach....and at one point I thought, okay here we go but I just took something mild to settle my tummy and distracted myself reading a bit. This morning I woke up tender but much better. I think my innards are just a mess from all the anxiety
    I'm feeling much stronger now both physically and mentally
    Thank you for your support

I'm glad everyone is still doing okay! The d* could of definitely been from your anxiety! Glad you are feeling better about the situation! xx

It is about 50 hours later and my hubby and I are still ok but now my daughter is again complaining of a sore tummy fml

Gave her paediatric Clopamon and some headache medicine (she also complained of a sore head)
    Asked her if she felt like she is going to v* and she said no. I am hearing gurgling in her tummy and liquid (that liquid sound you get when you just drank and you bounce) She hasn't had anything to eat or drink for a while....like a few hours!!!

What could this be? I am confused because now she has perked up and is laughing and being playful but says she's still sick (she's almost 5)

It's driving me mad

Sometimes kids just feel yucky for seemingly no reason. You, however, are an adult, which means you've built up immunity to bugs your daughter is still susceptible to. 50 hours after she v*ed I think you're probably fine, but if it's reassuring, you can't catch an s*v* from being around someone who is sick-- it's not airborne. Just keep washing your hands, taking deep breaths, and laughing at your carefree daughter

Okay so here is what happened since my last post.
    My daughter was acting unwell and we put her to bed. My husband woke her to have a wee at about 10:30 pm to avoid a bed wetting accident. She then presented with some d*
    We put her back to bed and then at about 11 she woke herself up by vomiting again
    This did not seem right so we took her back to the clinic. They admitted her overnight for observation. She did not v* or have d*again.
    We are home now the next morning and she is eating and seeming her normal self again
    Now we play the waiting game again
    FFS when is this going to end ???
    I am really struggling...I wake up with panic attacks, and shake uncontrollably
    Please help

Hmmm did the hospital do any testing on her to see if it wasn't something viral?
    Or could she possibly have a food allergy. Can you think back to what she ate before she got sick the first time to the most recent time? I know kids can "relapse" if they eat something too harsh for their tummies. I would keep her on a really bland low fat low sugar diet for at least 2-3 days and see how she does with that.

I'm thinking it might have been a viral relapse because I wasn't monitoring closely enough what and how much she was eating
    The hospital took some blood and everything came back normal. They said this suggests it was not bacterial but is in all likelihood a mild virus. In retrospect she only had an initial 2 v* episodes and then 1 mild d* and 1 more v* episode
    Whichever way this turns out, I feel like I just need to push through this now
    It will end someday *sigh*
    I do agree with you regarding the diet and the doc said the same thing. Bland gastro diet and small portions
    Last edited by SunMoonStar; 03-12-2016 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Additional text

It sucks to hear that but now you know, and know what to do. Stick with bland foods, no dairy for a few days and limit juice intake (do half water half juice if you can) and try some probiotics, those will help her gut get back to optimal health.

I am now not feeling well fml

How are you feeling now?

I'm much better now, took some meds and tried to calm down...I feel quite normal now
    My daughter looked fine the whole day but then complained mildly AGAIN of a sore tummy. She then promptly fell asleep in bed
    Do you think she will be ok?

I really hope so for both your sake. It does seem unlikely that you will get ill as so much time has passed from the start of her illness. Could be that her stomach is still sensitive and prone to get upset more easily for a few days. Good news is nothing bad showed up in her blood work.

We have been dealing with the same relapsing at our house! My first sick kiddo relapsed after 24 hours and my second sick kiddo relapsed after 48 hours. I also was sick (only horrendous *d, no *v), so now I'm freaking out that I will relapse too. We also have a 4-week old newborn, so I'm terrified she will get it! I'm sure it would hospitalize her. Hope your daughter gets better soon!

Today my hubby and I are still ok
    My daughter now seems to have some d*
    One soft poo and then about 2 hours later 1 runny one
    This is just not leaving us alone
    I wiped her and then washed my hands 3 times
    She is having some smelly fart as well
    I just can't do this anymore 😢😢

Given that she's only four it could very well be Rotavirus. Rota can last for up to a week and is really only contagious among children. If an adult were to catch it their symptoms would likely only be d*. She'll be OK and so will you! xoxo

Thank you Syrup
    She seems better now, more perky
    But relapses happen so quickly and unexpectedly that I am not getting my hopes up
    I am still okay, my husband said his stomach was gurgling today a bit but he is not n* at all
    I am having an awful time 😢😢😢

Today hubby and I still fine
    My daughter seemed fine today and then complained of a sore tummy AGAIN before bed. I took her downstairs and then she said she is hungry. She has never confused the two before
    Do you think she will be okay. She is back in bed sleeping now

Hi, just seeing this. "Relapsing" is quite common, unfortunately. It doesn't mean they are getting worse, or that it's a new virus. Both my kids did that when they were young and when I called the doc's office, the nurse said that it happens. What I mean by relapse is that they will be fine for a day or so, just when you start giving them food again, then they will be "sick" again. Usually it's only once or twice then it's done. Just go slowly with the food and drink. Keep washing...hang in there!!!

It is the next day now, she woke up fine this morning and was fine the whole day
    Seemed okay at bed time...one or two burps but she said she was hungry and okay...I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe we are now seeing the end of this
    Hubby and I are still okay...I've had some rumbling and discomfort in my stomach but no d* or anything worse so it's probably been anxiety. My appetite is starting to return
    My mom is coming for a visit tomorrow and staying for two weeks so I feel relieved about that
    Thanks to everyone for the support - it has been an awful and traumatic time

I noticed after my kids were sick they would relapse a day or two later and figure that the feeling of food in their tummy felt weird. As they got older I would tell them it's just your stomach digesting, you have to get used to it. It seemed to help and they would be OK. Hope things stay healthy there