Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi everyone, I don't know why i'm so nervous. last night before i went to bed i had a feeling that i wasn't going to be able to sleep because i felt slightly anxious, and i didn't fall asleep until 4 (after going to bed at 1). now i feel anxious and afraid that I'm sick even though my stomach is fine and i don't have anything even close to a temperature. my head hurts, but i get headaches every day. nobody i know is sick. also, last night when i fell asleep for about an hour, i woke up and my whole bottom lip was swollen. my dad says it's a virus but that's freaking me out. it's pretty much better now. i'm not achy or cold, just my head has it's usual dull ache and i'm a little shaky because of the anxiety. i don't know what brought this on!! i hate feeling physically crappy because what's going on inside my head.

i hope everyone had a great christmas!!

Christina

Hey Christina, sorry to hear you're battling with the nerves! I was like that before christmas. It sounds like you have absolutely nothing to worry about but maybe that's what's making you worry? lol, that doesn't really make much sense, huh. I find that when I'm well, and everything is going good in my life, I tend to stop and think "Wait a second, this is all too good to be true...I am BOUND to get sick soon!" ...which is a silly way of thinking XD maybe you're the same? That's when you start trying to find things to worry about, like the tiniest little gurgles in your stomach, to feeling a bit overtired, to, I guess in your case, headaches!

You are not sick In future, if you can't sleep, don't worry about it. Just keep reminding yourself that you are perfectly healthy, and that you will eventually drop off. I used to really panic if I couldnt sleep. Nowadays, if I can't sleep I get up and walk around, totally rearrange my bed, and just start again! If I *still* can't sleep, I turn the radio on, just softly to an easy listening station, and sometimes turn the light out while its on...nearly always, I'll drift off to sleep listening to it.

I dunno...whatever works for you, Christina! Loss of sleep is no need to worry, though ^_^ Just treat it as some quiet, relaxation time.