Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What to do

Post What to do

This is not urgent so don't worry about this if there are people who need immediate support.

I don't want to upset anyone who may find this so whomever wants to chat about it, it would be better in a private chat, but I'm asking anyone who still has the phobia and has been s* before beginning a cure.

I haven't v* in a long while and can't remember the sensations or how to do it, so what should I do/think and also how should I to calm myself while it is actually happening? (if it ever does, god forbid)

Thank you x

Default Re: What to do

Triggering !!

Very good question! Ummm I sometimes feel like that too when I don't quite know if it's gonna happen or not but what I CAN remember from recent events when I'm 98% sure its NEARLY happened is that your stomach kinda drops, literally as if its tensed and kind of "ready" , a bit like a hiccup! In 2009 I dry heaved many many times(flu...) And honestly? After a good ten-year phobia, my thoughts turned from
    "I don't wanna do it!" Into "I'm gonna get some juice cos I WANT it to happen!" Cos I was so so tired of the n* .... The thing is, recently I've found it hard to distinguish whether it needs to happen or if my mind gets proper into anxious mode thinking it's gonna happen....hmmm....

All I know is, the n* and build up is worse. ALOT worse. V* from my memory is appalling but only cos its a sudden action and a reflex(like sneezing and hiccuping). You'll be calm eventually if it happens. I was 16 when I pretty much dry heaved for a good half hour and I was an absolute mess for that whole year before it happened but when you're that sick, and burning up, you kinda just go with it. There's no energy for nerves anymore...I just wish I remembered this when I get n* haha.

Hope this helped!

Default Re: What to do

Thank you!
    I don't know what it feels like so I guess the anticipation is what worries me
    Thank you

....this book still hasn't come yet ...