Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bad bad Bellybutton pain every six months?

Just a quick one as I have posted so much recently.
    Ironically my last biggest worry was replaced with this one, but it is quite concerning as it has occurred sporadically for around 10 years on and off.

Basically, Id say every 5-6 months, I wake up in the middle of the night with an absolutely horrific pain right in my bellybutton area(and on top and below it). I remember it hitting me when I was around 12 years old for the first time, I thought I'd pulled a muscle and I crouched over to rid it. This was after two hours and I remember writing in my diary "God just healed me from the worst pain ever!" As much as this was a cute memory, it worries me that the pain has crept up every few years since then. Mostly over the past few years, and it is without a doubt always in the middle of the night around 2-3am and demands my attention. If there's one thing I can describe it as, its a sharp pain as if my bellybutton is elastic and if I stretch up straight, it feels like my stomach will snap.

However,
    This pain is absent for most of my time which I appreciate but it has been sustaining longer each time as the years go on and it is really really grim and SCARY when it happens. I'm not sure if this is anxiety but when I had it two nights ago I found it hard to Breathe - could it be connected?

Another weird thing is that I do tend to rub my stomach and the pain eases very slowly but I know what gas feels like and it is nowhere near as long and bad as this. Do I get it checked out? Hmm
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Bad bad Bellybutton pain every six months?

The way you talk about it easing when it's rubbed sounds like it could be the beginnings of, or a small hernia? Xx

Default Re: Bad bad Bellybutton pain every six months?

I hope so Abigail!
    I read tons about it on Google and its sounding like appendicitis but I'm aware my pain always eases.... My housemate told me he never got recurring pains despite his appendix poisoning back in 2011.... He did tell me to check it out though.

The hernia thing really sounds valid, I'm thinking maybe it happens when I lean on it in the night. I keep trying to feel it everyday but my tummy is flat :/

Thanks for reply xx