Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lately whenever I get bad panic attacks or feel extreme anxiety I start to lose my voice. Its so odd. I went to my aunts Christmas Party on Christmas Eve and of course I was worrying the whole night that I might get sick there...but as I was trying to talk to everyone my voice was barely audible...Like I was almost losing my voice! Sometimes when I get really nervous my voice just starts to go!

Does this happen to anyone else? How can you prevent it from happening. It sucks...People look at me weird and are like " are you catching a cold?" And Im not at all. Its like me anxiety is keeping me from talking or somethign! Strange!
    *Mandi*

hey mandi... i get this sometimes too... altho i think a lot of mine is bcos i smoke and my voice just gets crackly... but yes when im nervous or anxious or having a panick attack my voice gets stuck in my throat a lot... its wierd... and ppl look at me strange as well... i hav to keep clearing my throat trying to make it work but it doesnt come out!!!<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

stef - everything happens for a reason

it's difficult for me to talk when i'm having an anxiety attack, but
    that's because my throat closes up.

Quote Originally Posted by krebstar
    it's difficult for me to talk when i'm having an anxiety attack, but
    that's because my throat closes up.

this is what happens to me...but you loosing your voice out of nervousness makes perfect sense. i think this happens to people who are afraid to speak in public when they have to make a speech in front of a large crowd