Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know some people on here have said that they threw out the clothes that they, or their family members were wearing when the dreaded 'v' happened. I have this one set of PJs that I rarely wear because the last time I was sick I had them on. Incidently, It was on xmas eve 3 years ago. Anyway, I wore the PJs last night and today I found out that my bf is sick with d*<---hardcore. I don't want my phobia to cause me to get rid of clothing but this is all just too close for comfort! Anyone else have the same type of thing???[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

I remember the exact outfit i wore the first time I got sick in school....I never wore it again ever....Im not sure why, It may be that I just associated sick with that outfit, or I thought it would be bad luck. I think a lot of people do this...dont worry im sure it has nothing to do with the pajamas.

Oddly enough, my son V*'d last Ocotber, not this past one, but last year...I was wearing a pair of PJ's and I just threw them out since I wouldn't put them back on.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I don't have any of the clothes I was wearing when I was sick, but I do remember this one particular shirt I had when I was a kid. I loved this shirt, but the first time I wore it, I came home from school and my sister (who was about 3 or 4 at the time) had been sick v* that day. I didn't wear it again for the longest time, but since I loved the shirt so much I gave it another shot. The second time I wore it, again, I came home from school to find my sister had been sick. I gave it a long time after that, at least a year, but the third time I wore it, she was sick AGAIN! I know this sounds really weird, just some freak coincidence, but after that I refused to wear the shirt again. I even cut the shirt up so no one else could ever wear it.

hahaha- when I was a kid I used to do the same thing!

I remember when I was 11 picking out this really awesome sweater that I thought I looked SO grown up in (I was already a C cup, so I probably did)- black, off the shoulders, etc- After I wore it the first time, I left it on the bathroom floor where I took it off to take a bath. I left it there- and then about a half hour later, my brother vomitted in that bathroom. Even though he didnt actually vomit ON the sweater, I couldn't bring myself to wear it again. Made mom give it to goodwill.

Want to hear the worst emet clothes-related story ever? Xmas Eve 2004, my brother gets home from his staff party early in the morning. About an hour or two later, my mom comes into my room and asks if I know where the garbage from the bathroom is. I say no, but tell her where it more that likely it. She opens the door to my brother's bedroom and all I hear is "Oh my GOD Ethan"......automatically I tense up in bed. Then I hear her say softly "you threw up on your sister's gift!". That did it- I was shaking. Apparently there were two bags in his bedroom- one being the garbage from the bathroom, the other being the bag with my gift from him in it. I was SO pissed off at the time- but at least now I can see the humor in the situation. Of all people in the house- he gets sick on the present for the ONE person who is scared of vomit. Irony is evil.

I got the clothes dry cleaned.....but still can't bring myself to wear them. I know it's stupid, because there is no longer any trace of vomit, and the clothes fit well. I just think that the outfit must be jinxed in some way! Maybe on New Years when I have some liquid courage I will bring myself to wear them.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, everyone. I am being really brave tonight and I am going to wear the same PJs to bed tonight. I am going to knock on wood, say a prayer, do a rain dance, stand on my head and spit wooden nickles or whatever else it takes to not let this bother me!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by beadgirl

Well, everyone. I am being really brave tonight and I am going to wear the same PJs to bed tonight. I am going to knock on wood, say a prayer, do a rain dance, stand on my head and spit wooden nickles or whatever else it takes to not let this bother me!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Nice I say spray them with a nice body spray or scent that you find comforting. Imagine how good you will feel in the morning when you say "damn....I was scared of THIS?"

Sweet dreams and comfy sleep

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL-- haha thanks crimgoddess, you read my mind... I already sprayed them with some body splash!

Thanks everyone for your responses... Isn't it strange how the emet mind works?Edited by: beadgirl

I would toss them! I haven't V* since I was like 6-7 and I'm 23 now. I know that when I V* for the first time... the clothes will be either burned, given away (saying I didn't stain them), or thrown out. I have bad problems with association and memories... really bad!

I used to be that way, but my kids v*** so much that they wouldn't have any clothes left if I threw them all out, althought I think about it the next time they wear the clothing!!!

When I had a s/v with ONLY d* 2 years ago I remember what I wore and the body spray I had on. I still have the shirt but I can't bear to smell the body spray, Romance by Victoria's Secret.Ugh!
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

erika - i have a whole drawer full of clothes i wont wear... just kidding. but YES that has happened to me many times. but i still associate clothes or movies or whatever to a time i was n* not even v*. i still wont watch might ducks because once i felt n* while watching it. the same with billy madison - altho i got over that quick because its a great movie.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.