Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified Does anybody else lose sleep thinking there child might wake up an throw up

I have been this way almost my entire life. Since ive had my daughter its gotten so much worse. Shes about to be 3 and an episode of the stomach bug went through our house. My daughter woke up and threw up. I couldnt even be by her to consol her. A month went by and shes been fine until the other morning she went to bed fine and woke up and threw up for no reason and was fine the rest of the day. I constantly have panic attacks and at night its so much worse. The fear that she might wake up and throw up has my anxiety so so bad. Crying and hyper ventilating bad.. I dont know what to do Im so afraid

Default Re: Terrified Does anybody else lose sleep thinking there child might wake up an thro

Hey, I'm sorry you're feeling this way these days. How are you now?

I go to bed with that fear about anyone in my house getting sick, let alone kids! Sucks.

Default Re: Terrified Does anybody else lose sleep thinking there child might wake up an thro

I feel this way every night. I'll even turn her monitor on as low as it can go in fear of hearing that. Knowing exactly how you feel the only thing I can think to say that might help is when I'm really anxious I repeat to myself "If it happens, than at least it will be over with for a little while." I try to find little silver linings the best I can.