Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: what is this??

ok yesterday i started feeling realy wierd in the head... sort of dizzy but aching and heavy at the same time... just wierd... my boyfriend took me home and stayed the night wit me and this morning when i woke up i felt ok... then just before i was outside helping my brothers unpack the shed cos we;r moving house and my head went topsy turvy, my legs almost gave way and i almost fainted... i went inside to get a drink of water and it happened again... so i lay down but it just made me feel nauseous... my body feels weak... i feel awful... im so scared im going to v* , i just took some stemetil... i forgot to take my aropax two days ago and i was wondering cud this hav anything to do wit it?? why do i feel like this... im going to the doctor moro... anyone got any ideas as to whats wrong wit me??? i feel horrible... i just want to put my head down but when i do i feel nauseous... help somebody please<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

stef - everything happens for a reason

This is going to sound like horrible advice but try to eat somthing

Hi, is aropax is the same as paroxetine, a med i was on a while ago and i would say im pretty sure that this is the cause. If i even took mine a few hours late i would get the exact symtoms you are having, like a dizzy jolt in my head, feeling all heavy and drowsy,random muscle spasms etc.I would not worry too much, just take your meds again as normal and it will go away. I had what you are experiencing for three months when i went through paroxetine withdrawal and it is not a nice feeling, but it does get better. When you do want to consider coming off the med, dont just stop taking, consult your doctor first.

I would deffinately try to eat and drink, being hungry and dehydrated will only make the feeling worse. I went through this myself and never v* from it and im sure you wont either. Please take your medication again as soon as you can.

You are going to be ok, its scary to feel that way, but its only your nervous system adjusting to lower levels of serotonin.

i just wanted to add this which i found on http://gsk.co.nz/aropax/what.asp

Some people may have symptoms such as dizziness, anxiety, sleep disturbances, pins and needles or electric shock sensations if Aropax is stopped suddenly. However, there is no evidence that Aropax is addictive.

I hope this helps to reassure you

hollyjean thankyou for ur reply... yes aropax is paroxetine im on 20 mg i think... my doc wants to double my dosage moro tho n im worried these symptoms are going to keep going due to the doubling of the medication... il be ok just hate these feelings... its boiling hot here atm too so it makes it worse... it was three days ago now i forgot to take it so thats why im worrying more than usual as i didnt thnk id stil be feeling like this... eh wel... hopefully all goes well wit my double dosage.. thankyou for ur help!! <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

stef - everything happens for a reason

I didnt have any problems when i was increasing the dose, i got the side effects when i forgot to take the tablets and when i went through withdrawal.