Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Budgie sick(Semi-OT)

I was shocked to hear that budgies can apparently get stomach-sick and not show it recently and have been very worried for my little bird as for four days he has been fluffed up, barely eating and concerningly sleeping throughout the day. He hasn't had a normal proper sing in almost a week and I'm scared something's up with him. My family are going through a financially rough time and can't afford the vets so I was just wondering if anyone's had birds or even pets who have been stomach sick and if so, how did they react?

PS - my dad reckons birds are highly contagious too, that kinda scared me.

Sorry for the o.t
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Budgie sick(Semi-OT)

Well your bird can't give you the kind of sv* that we get, but still wash your hands after handling him because they can give you other stuff. Poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!

Thanks redastrid💝💝

He's still sleeping and acting very odd, I'm a little scared as we went to a farm the other day and I'm hoping he hasn't picked up a chicken disease or something, we spent so much time with other birds. Hmmm.

Anyway thanks for the insight!

How is he? Please take him to vet

I have budgies so I know how delicate they can be. How is he doing? if you haven't already, please take him to the vet.. My budgie was regurgitating the other day but he loves his reflection lol. So that's normal. But it doesnt sound like he's well. He cannot give u an sv tho.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Hey Hannah, thanks for reply.

He's .....strange, he is consistently puffed up still but is eating and going to the toilet which is a good sign but it's been a whole week and still he has his head in his neck 80% of the day... I can hear him playing with his ball downstairs but I'm actually scared he may have picked something up at the farm(my bro held him and played with him after we came home).... Not sure if it's possible.

My parents say we can't afford the vets as they are on a one wage system ATM

Have yours ever done this?

Not judging you at all but I get so sad when people are unable to pay for their sick pet's vet care. He does sound very sick still, especially since he's puffed up and his head being in his neck most of the time poor thing. I hope he can get some type of care soon.

My mom refuses to take my birds to the vet if they're sick, so I may have my aunt come over (she knows a lot about birds) and help a little..but we can't go to the vet. My mom says its too expensive and a budgie is not worth it..like i dont care if u bought it for 10 dollars at the pet store its a life and deserves to go to the vet like any other animal. It makes me mad when she does this.. ugh. How is he doing today? Hopefully he's better
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

You guys are so sweet, I really appreciate it! I told him there are people online wishing him well haha (:

I believe he has been healed - two nights ago he was chiping again and doing his cheeky little noises when we put the big bang theory on haha(he loves the theme tune) ...he's also slimmed down and is not puffed up although he's molting ... He's eating, singing, dancing, playing so I think he's back! Thankyou so much guys x

I'm glad he seems to be feeling better!