Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My Friend has a SV and ate at the same restaurant as me!

Two nights ago, this is now exactly 48 hours ago, I went with three friends to a Sonic in Mission Viejo, California (Just an FYI to avoid if you're ever in the area) and one of my friends ordered a chicken sandwich which was covered in mayonnaise and lettuce, it was soggy, and an all around revolting thing, which he ate anyway, since he paid $6 for it... He has now alerted me and another friend that he is sick with v* and d*. I ordered a soda pop and some fries, and so far I feel just fine. What worries me is that I touched all the same things he did that night, and touched my face. I did not, however, eat the sandwich, but I did touch things he touched after eating it that night, and he did kiss me on the cheek when he dropped me off, about 36 hours ago. I AM TERRIFIED! It feels inevitable... He shared the sandwich with someone else and that person is also sick with the same symptoms. WHAT IF THIS IS NORO?
    One other person who rode with us, but was not kissed by my friend like I was, had a different kind of sandwich and is not sick.
    I'm going in his car this weekend to a meetup, and I'm mortified...
    What if I begin to feel ill later tonight?
    What if I get sick from viral particles this weekend?
    What if the fries were contaminated?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: My Friend has a SV and ate at the same restaurant as me!

Thank you for the input, I'm loving the support!

I think that since they are both sick right now and you're fine that your chances are almost zero. Maybe it was the sandwich that made them sick? And you can only catch it after they are showing symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiGal View Post
    I think that since they are both sick right now and you're fine that your chances are almost zero. Maybe it was the sandwich that made them sick? And you can only catch it after they are showing symptoms.
    I'm worried that it's norovirus... And I'm going to be in his car for hours on Saturday

It's only Wednesday. Deal with that later. No need to worry until you have something to worry about.

As far as if they have a stomach virus, it's entirely possible - but I doubt you will get it. Fries are cooked at such a high temp.

Worst case, you do get sick. It will be miserable for a bit but you will get through it. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiGal View Post
    It's only Wednesday. Deal with that later. No need to worry until you have something to worry about.

As far as if they have a stomach virus, it's entirely possible - but I doubt you will get it. Fries are cooked at such a high temp.

Worst case, you do get sick. It will be miserable for a bit but you will get through it. I promise.
    Well, I'm not concerned now. I know I'm in the clear at the moment. I'm just concerned about this weekend.

Hi!

Likely if they are feeling fine(or great) to go out during the weekend it would likely be fine. If you are afraid that it may be a norovirus but you still want to head out for the weekend with them then I would suggest being mindful about touching your face and washing your hands.

I do think that they may just have a bit of food poisoning instead of norovirus!
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.