Two nights ago, this is now exactly 48 hours ago, I went with three friends to a Sonic in Mission Viejo, California (Just an FYI to avoid if you're ever in the area) and one of my friends ordered a chicken sandwich which was covered in mayonnaise and lettuce, it was soggy, and an all around revolting thing, which he ate anyway, since he paid $6 for it... He has now alerted me and another friend that he is sick with v* and d*. I ordered a soda pop and some fries, and so far I feel just fine. What worries me is that I touched all the same things he did that night, and touched my face. I did not, however, eat the sandwich, but I did touch things he touched after eating it that night, and he did kiss me on the cheek when he dropped me off, about 36 hours ago. I AM TERRIFIED! It feels inevitable... He shared the sandwich with someone else and that person is also sick with the same symptoms. WHAT IF THIS IS NORO?
One other person who rode with us, but was not kissed by my friend like I was, had a different kind of sandwich and is not sick.
I'm going in his car this weekend to a meetup, and I'm mortified...
What if I begin to feel ill later tonight?
What if I get sick from viral particles this weekend?
What if the fries were contaminated?