Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this happen to anyone else?

Lately, I've been getting these random days where I'll be fine when I wake up and then all of a sudden in the middle of the day, I'll get so n**** that I won't be able to eat or sleep for fear of v***. They come out of nowhere and I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else and what do you think causes it?

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Do you eat breakfast? How long has it been since you ate when this nausea hits?

I used to have that daily until I finally realized and accepted that it was my need to eat causing the nausea. It would hit several hours after eating and the thought of eating would be repulsive but I'd force myself to eat and feel better pretty much every single time.

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Totally agree with Afdpt.
    In fact, happened yesterday! My dad cooked some bacon and the smell hit me hard and caused a bit of weird n* but I said to myself
    "You've only had cake this morning, eat something proper, you'll feel n* anyway otherwise"

Low and behold, I was fine all day!

It could be anxiety too, my gosh, if I've learnt anything it's that my brain and stomach are best friends. Even the subject of something worrysome is enough to get me feeling n*...the Paris attacks lead ALOT of people in my class to lose weight