Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Noro or Flu? help

Hello all! My name is Erica and I am knew here. I have had emetophobia since childhood, however I am only afraid if i get sick. I can handle people getting sick in front of me. I'm an RN in a Peds ICU so I see it a lot although i tend to keep my distance. I'm am kind of confused as to which virus I am currently battling. It all started when I went to a coworkers baby shower. The hostess was sick and had v* in the morning, but she get's sick all the time with gi issues. So, I went to the party and did not eat or touch anything just out of habit when anybody around me has v*. Towards the end o the party her hubby came home and was v*. Needless to say I bounced out of there real quickly and went home to shower and bag my clothing. I wish I could say I did not get sick, but I did this morning around 5. I woke up with my heart pounding, sweaty, and I had horrible n*. If i was not so afraid of v* i would have done it, but i refused to. I also had a little bit coming out of the other end, but nothing extensive. I popped some zofran and that seemed to do the trick. However, I began to have horrible body aches and I spiked a fever of 102. I am able to hold down liquids thanks to the zofran, but now I am not sure if this is in fact norovirus or flu being that the fever is high and I didn't have severe gi symptoms. Out of all 7 women and kids that were out this get together, 4 of us got sick. Some just felt sick to their stomach others had v*. Nobody else has a fever though...Do you think this is just the way the norovirus presented for me? I was able to take advil for the fever and I have been on zofran round the clock. The nausea is much better now and I haven't had any d* since this morning. Has anybody had similar experiences? I'm just curious because i don't know if I should get tamiflu. I did get a flu shot this year. Thank you all for your posts on this forum. It's such a relief to be able to talk to people who have the same phobia and work through things together.

Default Re: Noro or Flu? help

Hmmm wondering how you got Noro by simply being there... If you didn't eat or touch anything like your face or anything... Makes me wonder how this is truly spread... Ugh! Is it airborne or not??😷

Sorry you are feeling sick! The only way to 100% know if you should get Tamiflu is if you get tested for the actual flu, but you know that. Honestly it sounds like a stomach bug. 102 is not super high fever either, it's higher but nothing to be alarmed about - in fact I never medicate (myself or my kids) unless they are uncomfortable and/or over 103. Fever is a good thing sometimes, it means the immune system is doing its job. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks guys! I mean I really tried not to touch anything but you only need a few particles to get it that's why it's so contagious. Plus her daughter had it last week apparently and she's only 13 months. Running around and touching everything! What cleaning solution kills this virus the best? Luckily I live alone on my own apartment so I'm not exposing anybody else, but I just want to burn my sheets and everything!

Sounds like flu to me! I had the same thing about six years ago, how awful...I'm sorry but it's a huge coincedence if you managed to pick up another bad virus...
    My question is, how did you avoid v*?