Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What the heck is wrong with me???

I went to sleep at about 12:45 tonight. I woke up at 1:30 from talking in my sleep, which I never do. It freaked me out, it felt so weird cause I thought my mom was talking to me. At first I didn't wake up all the way but then suddenly my mouth started watering a little bit and I jerked awake in a panic; I thought I was going to be sick. I have been panicking for the past hour. I thought I was feeling better a few minutes ago and tried falling back asleep but as soon as I lay back down I panicked again. My body is convinced that something's wrong with it because of the sleep talking. It really is creeping me out. I'm scared. And I just want to sleep. >_<

Default Re: What the heck is wrong with me???

Sounds like a dream related panic attack
    After my daughter got sick about a month ago, I would have these almost every night. I would wake up mid panic attack, shaking uncontrollably, heart racing and stomach churning. I am only getting better now.
    Your brain is dealing with what is bothering you while you sleep and it needs an outlet
    Try some calming and relaxation / breathing techniques

Default Re: What the heck is wrong with me???

Thank you for your advice.

Since I first wrote this post I've woken up twice more at abnormal times, feeling weird (like something's not right or I'm dreaming) and panicking. Then I can't fall asleep for an hour. I'm currently up at 3:20 right now and TRYING to calm myself enough to sleep. I feel nauseous but I'm pretty sure it's just me freaking myself out. :/ I have no memory of any dreams or anything that would have woken me up. I just wake up, confused and panicked.