Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can you pinpoint what caused your last SV?

Were you around someone who had it? Were you more lax about your hand washing leading up to it? Or did it just hit you out of nowhere?

Default Re: Can you pinpoint what caused your last SV?

I think I had a stomach virus 16 years ago (although I didn't vomit) and have no idea where I got it. The last time I puked, it might have been a virus caught from my brother, who threw up a day and a half before I did. Or it might have been food poisoning from McDonald's. The time before that, I might have caught it from a girl at school who puked in class, but I don't remember. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Doug

Kick emets a....

Never had the SV but I did get food poisoning (not sure if they are both the same thing since I only *V once that day) from some steak I ate when I used to live at Mexico. This was 9 years ago.

I slept over at my friends house because her dad's birthday was the next day and he was having a party and I'm really close with her dad so I stayed over, then the next morning I wake up to hearing him V* really loud, but ignored it. I felt alright for the whole day, actually great because I was having fun eating food and hanging with my friends at the party. right before I left, her dad thanked me for being there and gave me a kiss on the cheek, it was pretty sloppy too because he was drunk, and I went home. the next day I woke up and didn't feel well at all. Then I started v* and that's what kind of set off my phobia of v*. it was a really bad SV* I felt horrid.

oh & also, my friend got the SV* too and her brother as well.

4 years ago I got a minor strain of norovirus. I v* once (scary as hell), which didn't help or hurt my fears at all. I picked it up from now washing up before eating lunch after a long day of school multiple times, I believe.

Caught it off my daughter! Took usual precautions but was unlucky!!

The last time I had it my phobia was pretty much dormant so I hadn't been doing anything "extra" for years (yet still only caught the bug this one time). I've tried to figure out where exactly I picked it up but can't really be sure.

I was in graduate school at the time where I was in a class of about 22 people. We spent all of our time together. We were in class about 8 hours per day M-F, pretty much ate all meals together, went to the bathroom at the same time (during designated breaks,) studied together, etc. One weekend 18-19 of us all came down with a stomach bug within about a 24 hour window on a Saturday. I was one of the unlucky ones, yet my best friend from class who I spent more time with than anyone else did not catch it. I never heard about an outbreak in the school outside of our class, teachers never caught it, but it wiped out pretty much the entire class. So I've been unable to figure out where we all picked it up.