Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default have been doing super well up until today

hey all

I've been doing amazing with anxiety and emet for some time now but today it seems that everything rushed back.

I made the mistake of eating a ton of fried food right before sleeping last night..I woke up this morning and had 2 bouts of d* twice which sent me into a full blown panic attack. I also woke up with all of my muscles extremely sore, they've felt sore all day still. I'm way too anxious to eat anything which I know is making me feel way worse but I can't stop thinking I'm actually s*!!
    I would be better off if I weren't so sore everywhere but what gives? no headache or anything like that and my stomach does feel somewhat better but I am still freaking out!
    any sort of support or input would be amazing

Default Re: have been doing super well up until today

Exhaustion? Do anything strenuous yesterday? Not to mention, anxiety can fuel that feeling and make it feel like it's still there even after it's essentially gone away. Like with me, I felt a pain in my arm a few minutes ago, I've now made myself think of the possibility of a heart attack, and now my whole arm feels uncomfortable. Am I having a heart attack? Probably not, but I'm good at convincing myself that pain is way more present than it is. As far as the d* goes, I've had it the last two days with no idea why, but I usually chalk it up to having eaten something with too much fiber or too much fat content. Fatty foods will cause d* real quick!

Also just want to note, not eating all day can make your body feel even more run down because you haven't given it any fuel today. I'd try some toast or crackers or something simple and small, see if it doesn't help. If you're too anxious still for that, just make sure you're at least hydrating yourself. You could go without food for a week, no water isn't so forgiving!

Default Re: have been doing super well up until today

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Exhaustion? Do anything strenuous yesterday? Not to mention, anxiety can fuel that feeling and make it feel like it's still there even after it's essentially gone away. Like with me, I felt a pain in my arm a few minutes ago, I've now made myself think of the possibility of a heart attack, and now my whole arm feels uncomfortable. Am I having a heart attack? Probably not, but I'm good at convincing myself that pain is way more present than it is. As far as the d* goes, I've had it the last two days with no idea why, but I usually chalk it up to having eaten something with too much fiber or too much fat content. Fatty foods will cause d* real quick!

Also just want to note, not eating all day can make your body feel even more run down because you haven't given it any fuel today. I'd try some toast or crackers or something simple and small, see if it doesn't help. If you're too anxious still for that, just make sure you're at least hydrating yourself. You could go without food for a week, no water isn't so forgiving!
    Thanks for the reply.

I did did nothing strenuous or out of the ordinary. I had a bad panic attack but was fine after that anxiety wise, though my muscles still ached almost like I had influenza. Supposedly my body is changing, bc I used to be able to eat anything I wanted with no ill effects! not eating all day definitely took an effect on me, today I'm going to try and eat steadily as I am feeling much better...which kinda leads me to believe that i did have fp* from something