Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think I've been exposed

So I have OCD in addition to emetophobia and I've been doing really well after getting put on Prozac and Luvox. Until today. ***triggers ahead****

My husband and I were at the DMV which is bad enough as it is. We are there for 2 1/2 hours. About 2 hours 15 min in, the little kid who has been sitting several rows in front of us jumps up and runs to the trashcan and vomits in it. And the mother, instead of leaving with her kid, stays to get her license and at one point I am sitting only a few feet from him.

I'm really worried that when he vomited it contaminated me. I took a shower as soon as I got home and disinfected my glasses and phone. Still nervous. I read the virus particles can travel really far. Someone please talk me down from this.

Default Re: Think I've been exposed

I think you were too far away to be infected. Also if he was sick into a trash can it sounds pretty well contained. I don't think you'll get sick from this. I have OCD as well and it really adds an extra layer of worrying and obsession on top of this phobia doesn't it?

Default Re: Think I've been exposed

I think you will be okay! I have OCD too and usually become obsessed and think the worst! Its awful! But I agree with pogopig since he v* into a trashcan it seems more contained and wouldn't be if he v* right onto the floor. xx

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz