Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my mom says that I am because of how small my portions are.

its not that i'm not hungry, because I am.

I just have to figure out if what I'm feeling is hunger or if its n*. and then its a matter of finding something to eat to satisfy my emet and my empty tummy.

do you thing that our eating habits are slowly killing us?

I eat pretty well and I am not underweight, so I can't say it is killing me. I can say that many people here do under-eat, but I think that our constant stress over V* is killing us slowly since we are always on guard and never truly relax.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I agree with Gubba - I think the stress of this whole thing is killing us
    more than our diets. Constant anxiety must have an effect on our
    blood pressure, our immune systems, and all of our body processes. I
    think I'll have a stroke from stress before I'm killed from a poor diet
    because of this emet - but that's just me. lol!

I think the same for me. I do have high blood pressure and I take meds for it and I know it is from this stress. When I am in my comfort zone and not worrying about V* constantly, I have no blood pressure problems and no D*. I get D* a lot from stress and that does keep my weight down probably, but I am not underweight and I do eat normally.

Some people with this phobia have eating problems severe enough to constitute an eating disorder --- I'm one of them. I'm not clinically diagnosed, but I'm really bad with my eating habits and rituals to the point where I virutally cannot eat in public and my rules for food govern my life.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know that many people do have eating disorders on here and I am sorry for that since I enjoy food so much. I eat out and enjoy most everything, however, I do have things that I will not eat and places I will not eat, but for the most part, my big thing that worries me about all of this is that it is bad for our bodies to not eat, not ever get totally relaxed and not be able to keep a clear mind since it is always so bogged down with thoughts of V* or SV or worrying about all of it.

yes, I can't stand the stress. I remeber when I first moved out of my mom's house (I'm 18) and in to my first apartment I had to take the shuttel to school and everytime I was about to leave I had so much anxiety. Every day I had d*, my hads would shake so badly....it got really bad.

overtime that really can't be good for you.

I think the same thing all of the time. Since I usually feel nauseas and think about it all the time...Im always afraid to eat a lot. I only eat very little...and I am underweight..and I am so scared it is going to kill me one day.
    *Mandi*

god, i really hope i don't die from malnutrition. and I guess I'll go back to meditation.

all this stuff just makes our lives THAT much harder! jeez, can't we get a break?

Im with ya on that one
    *Mandi*

hey wintergreen,i totally understand were u are coming from with regards to not eating enough and not getting enough vitamins and minerals........I've just qualified in food and nutrition and what an eye opener it was........if u want any help on this subject please PM me and i will def help..........eating little and often is always good and alot of the time its not hunger its dehydration....but i can work out what weight u should be looking at ,to be healthy,try not to look at food as a bad tool,u have to eat a whole lot of varied food to get all the nutrients your body needs and one of them for us emets which is a must is vit B,its for the nervous system and u can find them in meat.fish,pulses,dairy products and dark green veg.i used to be really skinny up until i started anti-depressants,now i am a healthy weight after putting on 2 stone....i know once i stop taking the tabs the weight will drop again...if u feel u don't get enough intake of food then supplements are an alternative i don't always like to recommend them,as its a waste of time if u eat healthly then u shouldn't need to take them but some people can't eat certian food due to allergies or there system doesn't produce certian vitamins,so supplements are good for those people...

hope to hear from u sometime

take care vicky x

well, on the contrary, we could be overeating and clogging our arteries with fat? which would you rather got to look on the positive side of thing, i try to take life with a pinch of salt... but, frustratingly, fail miserably when it comes to emet

jen
    <font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    </font>

ok, vicky. thankyou so mcuh for offering to help! sorry it took me so long to post back. but did mean IM you back?

Well I agree with most of the people in the forum, its the stress of this that is making us feel rather under the weather.

our immune system's are rather down because of the stress as well..

it isnt the best situation to be in this..

why us eh?we all seem to be really nice fantastic people and we are plauged with this.

*hugs you all*

aww, I think we are all pretty fantastic as well!

but that is a good question.