Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default In an unidentifiable panic...

I was sleeping deeply and soundly when all of the sudden I was jolted out of sleep (the actual worst feeling...) I was having very strange dreams that I don't even think I could articulate because, well, you know the nature of dreams. I woke up gasping and my stomach didn't necessarily hurt but it felt off--like I had no control of it, like it had been knocked out of whack if that makes sense, which I'm sure it doesn't. God, I wish I could describe it. And I wasn't necessarily n* but I was just panicky and queasy--yeah, queasy is the right word for the entire experience and as I type this it's coming back again :/ My throat also slightly hurts.

So some irrational concerns: my family and I just celebrated Passover. My mom had me make a chocolate cheesecake for the event and as I was mixing all the ingredients together, I noticed that there were small white chunks, the size of small dots, that were not fully mixing in. I didn't think much of it because I thought I had seen that before (I have made this cake before). But of course while we were eating the cake, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

But if this was fp, I wouldn't just feel strange and queasy, I think I would just have a stomach ache and d and whatnot.

I hate nights like these--I just want to sleep and not panic. Now I'm afraid to go back to sleep.

Default Re: In an unidentifiable panic...

Hey! I didn't see this yesterday sorry.
    Like you said, it kinda doesn't resemble fp which is a good sign, I'm sure you're over whatever it was but I think I've had the same thing in the middle of the night and I'm thinking maybe it's spring?its getting way warmer and honestly, something so simple like not opening the window can trigger weird feelings....also it could even be hunger....my hunger on a morning sometimes plays tricks with me, I'll feel queasy and empty! Chocolate cheesecake is gorgeous but is very very very high in sugar, perhaps causing a "rush" .....how are you now?

Default Re: In an unidentifiable panic...

It's funny that your user name has to do with cheesecake lol. I am on to a new panic (this seriously never ends) but thank you for your response . This last one turned out to me nothing, as per usual.