Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: single room!

i'm in college and living in the dorms. i'm always worrying about
    catching something from my roomates. well, i just found out i get to
    switch to a single room for the rest of the year. yeah! good news.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that doesn't mean you won't be exposed to it! I knew many people with single rooms in college and they usually picked the virus from friends who had it. Public bathrooms and eating in the cafeteria and studying in the library and study groups and going to class --- well, honestly everything that involves being out with people will expose you. You never know if the person sitting next you has been sick the night before because in college, going to class is expected if you want to pass and being sick doesn't get you out of the expectations.

I'm not trying to scare you, but sharing a bathroom is only one aspect of picking up a virus. I lived in the dorms for all of college while getting my BA. Stuff goes around and I had a healthy roommate and suitemates the whole time, but sometimes we picked stuff up on accident from other places.

Everyone has germs and you never know how and when and where you might be exposed. The best thing you can do is take your vitamins, sleep, stay hydrated, and eat as healthfully as you can. Build up your immune system and don't always avoid public places.

You will get through this... I promise! I survived with only have the SV one time and I didn't V*, but I was sick-sick-sick nevertheless (missing class and even ended up at my doctor because I was so sick). My roommate never caught it and she slept 3 feet from me the whole time. I was sick for a full week too!

*hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hiya, i am in a single room a uni too and it does make things easier because you have your own place to escape too.My room is ensuite so i dont have to share a loo or shower which is great, however the ventilation system links my bathroom to the 11 other people in my flats bathrooms so i leave my extractor fan on all the time! I share a kitchen with my flat mates but luckily they are all really clean. One girl is boarder line emet herself and another guy i swear he has a cleaning ocd.