Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Seriously, the things that trigger us sometimes and self control

Today was a pretty normal day at work. It was a big sale day and on those days my boss always buys us all pizza and a whole bunch of snacks. We literally ate crap (chips, doughnuts, pizza, pop) from 10 am to 9 pm. I don't usually eat this way and figured I would pay for it later. I took some gas pills with my first lunch and actually didn't feel too bad. The pizza is local, and pretty greasy (so i blot off some of the grease. and I am a terrible vegetarian, I just picked off the pepperoni lol)
    I thought I was handling it well. I get home and have an urgent, but totally normal BM. Which considering I had been constipated from last weekend, was good.
    I laid down for bed around 10:30 feeling pretty fine, maybe bloated. Then at 1 am these TERRIBLE pains start. They are down low and I knew they were gas pains so I shrugged it off figuring I'd pass some gas and be okay. 1:30 rolls around and I am still getting them SO bad that I had to sit up and I had a very sudden loose BM. Then 20 mins later I had another put this time real d*, which I almost never have. That got me freaking out and that's when my emeto paranoia kicked in. Today we read our horoscopes for fun and my coworker made a joke that mine said I was gonna be sick, so I wouldn't be at work tomorrow. Hers said she would have a good day in her work life so we joked that since I was gonna be out sick, she would get all the sales. And now, even tho I don't buy into that stuff, it's in my head. Like seriously, what are the odds that same night I have one of my flareups. Isn't it crazy the lengths our minds will go to to try and convince us were are doomed?
    I'm trying to be rational though haha Something similar happened last weekend after a sale weekend where we ate bad again (same pizza, junk, etc). I had bad heartburn for 3 days! and d* that night. I gave in and took a xanax so I should be able to calm down enough to swallow an anti-d* pill soon.

Anyway, do you do things even though you know you're gonna majorly regret it later? I always know that pizza bothers me, but I still eat it!! I think it's just because my boss buys it, everybody is excited and we are all agree to be pigs for a day, so I don't wanna be "that person" lol I can hear them now, "Oh chantell's so skinny, she just doesn't wanna be fat like the rest of us. blah blah" They are just joking, I love them dearly, but still I know others on here have probably been in similar situations..How do you handle them? I try to eat healthy and just get made fun of because of my size being small. It's like if you are a small person, you aren't allowed to watch what you eat :/ I need better self control.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Default Re: Seriously, the things that trigger us sometimes and self control

I eat things I know will cause me to feel terrible all the time! It's so stupid but I do it anyway. I'm currently awake at 3:10am with n, gas and heartburn from eating at a restaurant tonight. Restaurant food almost always triggers stomach upset for me yet I eat out regularly anyway and just suffer the consequences later.

Default Re: Seriously, the things that trigger us sometimes and self control

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofitall View Post
    I eat things I know will cause me to feel terrible all the time! It's so stupid but I do it anyway. I'm currently awake at 3:10am with n, gas and heartburn from eating at a restaurant tonight. Restaurant food almost always triggers stomach upset for me yet I eat out regularly anyway and just suffer the consequences later.
    I'm the same way with eating out. I know I'll regret it , but I do it anyway lol in one way I think it's kinda a good thing , but some things I just really should avoid haha
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”