Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT, females only question

Hi! This is WAY off topic but I wanted to get some advice. For the past year or so, I've had nearly chronic vaginal itching. The itching is inside my vagina, not outside, and it seems to happen when I'm dehydrated. It's usually not a yeast infection (I've been to the gyno for this countless times) because it typically doesn't come with an odor or discharge. It's just itching and it's getting in the way of how I live my life. No gyno has been able to give me answers. When I drink a large amount of water, the itching goes away quite instantaneously. But it's a big pain in the ass to make sure I have water everywhere I go. I know this isn't normal and I am so concerned, but I'm also so tired of seeing the gyno only to have them tell me the same things--eat yogurt, sleep without underwear, wear lose fitting pants.

I guess I'm wondering--has anyone ever heard of this?? I google this all the time and never get helpful results. I am so worried about this and it's starting to affect my mental health. I don't know what else to do. It's the most uncomfortable thing.

Thanks for reading.

Default Re: OT, females only question

I've never had that but it sounds horrible. If it is linked to dehydration then it looks like the itching is caused out by it getting all dry in there so you could try a lubricant designed for that area and see if that helps too? Drinking water is probably simpler but like you say, you can't always guarantee to have a drink on you so if the lubricant works as well it would be handy to carry round to use in emergencies?

It IS horrible...yeah, it could definitely be that my skin is drying out down there but sometimes I'll put coconut oil there because I was told by the gyno that that will soothe the itching but it never works as well as water (and I figure coconut oil is a kind of lubricant). But I could certainly try that. This is seriously driving me insane.

I recommend using KY and just applying it before you go out. Or can you use something like aquaphor or vaseline?

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I recommend using KY and just applying it before you go out. Or can you use something like aquaphor or vaseline?
    I could try that. I have some anyway. I'm not sure aquaphor or Vaseline would be safe to put up there though haha