Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Yahoo possibly triggering news article

So I was on Yahoo earlier and scrolled down and was hit face first with a kid with v* down his front and dad texting graphic details. I was really grossed out by i,t, and I know some of you might have a panic attack so if you can't even read the word v* (they use it) I suggest avoiding yahoo til tomorrow.
    "Take a moment, Remind yourself to, Take a moment and find yourself.
    Take a moment to ask yourself if this is how we fall apart.
    But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not.
    It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
    You've got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing to fear.
    I'm here. I'm here. I'm here."
    Here comes a thought

Default Re: Yahoo possibly triggering news article

Don't we all just hate how humanity has no idea we exist? The select few that do know will never understand. They either think the fear that controls our lives is funny or that we're overreacting for attention. I'm avoiding yahoo for a week!

Oh was this the guy that was left with his kid who v* in the car seat? It was pretty nasty but the poor little guy looked so sad, apparently the dad was flipping on his wife and was a sympathetic v*er - oh man aside from that picture it was actually really funny reading the messages he left her.
    Last edited by Razzle; 05-17-2016 at 09:30 PM.

YES, I was gonna post about this. It's all over Facebook and it did gross me out pretty bad too. The poor little boy! Anyway, I can kind of sympathize with the dad because I would be running screaming down the street. But yeah, I'm trying to reason and rationalize this. On the one hand, it's kind of funny...but then my fear kicks in and I think it's not funny at all. What is funny to me is that I can look on another medical anatomy page that I subscribe to and have no problem seeing a live heart ready to transplant, or a human brain, etc.......whatever, I guess.
    '

I made myself read it. The picture was gross, but the poor kid looked so sad
    Then I read the texts and it was pretty funny. The dad had the cops called on him and he had to do a breathalyzer because a lady thought he was drunk haha Props go out to all parents for dealing with stuff like this. It was inspiring how he found some humor in something that was also pretty awful.

The website I saw it on had the image blurred out. You only saw the actual picture if you clicked on the article to read it. I wish all sites at least did that.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

It was really funny, but I don't think non emets would like to see v* either.
    Here comes a thought

I had to look up the article and the pic was gross but the text made it funny. Is it me or does that kid look serious as though he is an adult lol! I was like he is such an old soul. Have to say, wild be nice to be cool with chillin in your car seat in your own vomit with no panic. #goals

It was pretty funny, and I read the comments and it was 25% "Suck it up dad" 25% "He doesn't owe her anything (he told the mom you owe me bigtime) " and 50% "I'm the same way!"
    Pretty interesting.
    Last edited by PsiRockin; 05-18-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    Here comes a thought

I purposely googled it, the Yahoo page actually didn't show the pic for us, it even gave a warning but didn't show it until I saw the full article on another site. Picture was one of the most gross ones I've seen haha although there was a horror being passed around one month ago of a kid doing the act on his mom's head whilst she lifted him up - my mate posted that on Fb....urgh.

However! The text that read "I went to some town and the woman thought I was drunk" hahahahahah!!!! Loved it....

I googled it too and was giggling because the texts! That would so be my hubby even though he knows I don't do the v* I do the poop round here. That mom is awesome she casually went on with her day like yep, you got this now you know how I feel! 😜😂😂😂😂 my daughter has gotten carsick a few times and has that look it's so pitiful and I just want to get home!