Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Really scared

Default Really scared

A few people I work with have had a sv*. I'm feeling really bad waves of n* and having d* but I'm also on my period and have severe endometriosis. I'm really scared right now that I'm going to v* or that I caught the sv*. I've been really careful to wash my hands and sanitize around me but I'm worried that I somehow caught it, even after not spending much time around my coworkers. I don't know if it's jut anxiety mixed with my period but I'm on the verge of having a panic attack while I'm out with my friends right now and I'm just really worried that I'm sick. Please help.

Default Re: Really scared

Update: just found out another person at my work had a sv*. He said he is still sick. I woke up today with d* and I'm really n*. I can't even tell if it's just my anxiety or if it's really happening. I've been having anxiety attacks since I woke up too so I don't know if I caught it or not. I really can't tell the difference and my boyfriend keeps trying to reassure me that I didn't catch anything but my anxiety is keeping me from believing it. I'm scared I'm sick and I feel like I need to go home so I don't catch it but I'm scared of letting my emetephobia interfere with my job. Help please somebody.

Hi, how are you feeling now? Anxiety can play a big part in the n* feeling. Hopefully thats all it was!

I went home early because I was too anxious to be at work. I'm feeling really tired and achy. I'm still scared I'm sick even though I probably am not but the n* has subsided since I left work.

I bet you have significantly better hygiene than your coworkers. plus if you are still feeling ok and the n is going down, I think you are going to be fine.

I have been fine. I'm still having panic attacks about it and d* and n* comes and goes but I'm sure it's just from the anxiety I'm having. It's really frustrating when you refuse to believe you are not sick no matter what.

I bet that it is nerves. Trust me, you are fine. Have a cup of tea and relax. You will be fine. This happens to me all the time. Sometimes you can get worse stomach achs from nerves then the actual stomach bug!
    Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

-smudge1017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.