Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I go to a strict catholic school http://etb.digitalbrain.com/e2bn/lea...hools/etb/web/

At this time every year we have to celebrate with a 2 hour long mass to point out the fact that st angela founded the school in april 1900. Urgh!!

Ok, I dont have to go to this mass casue I only go in for afternoons but I'm actually thinking I wantto go. Not because i'm suddenly cured, I just really want my teachers to know how serious my phobia is. I told the school at christmas time and have been going in for afternoons and sitting in the library for most afternoons! Anyway I dont think they realise how bad my situation is. I really want to show them.

Whenever I go to mass at school I always sit by the door which is fine. There are usually about 3 people that have to run out of mass cause they feel ill ( most just casue they dont want to listen to sermon, who would!) I dont really like sititng there casue you see all these ill looking people rush past you but I know I can get out. This time, if i have the conidence, i want to go out of mass and jsut sit outside for it. A teacher will have to come out and see if i'm ok so I can get my point across. Hmmmm I ahte mass so much. I could jsut not go to it and stay at home but I dont know if I sould risk it? Also someone might v* outside which wouldnt be nice! I'd ave to run to theother side of the buliding but do I really want to waste a morning at home to go to mass?

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]just stay off! lol

At our school, we have assemblies every week.... and i hate them, i'm sitting like right in the middle of everyone, and i just feel all panicky, and at christmas we have an hour long assembly which is just the worst [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

If you do go, just make sure your sitting by the door, and im sure noone will be sick, why would they be? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Theres always about 2 people that throw up or pretend to. The mass is two hours long and there are about 1500 people in quite a small space. Everyone is trying to get out of the boredom! Were all not good little catholic girls! I might brave it. All i'd be doin is sitting in the cathedral for 20mins thn stand outside for the rest of the time! mmm who knows

If ya wanna go, go. The chances of someone chuckin up outside are minimal I think, I went to mass with skool too when I was in primary.. not every week but quite often enough, n I think youre right about most of the ppl who go out being fakers (or emet?) neway, I never saw nethin n hell was I lookin! I always used to try n get near the back too but I wasnt as bad then really. It was more because my friend n I wanted to do awful things with the crayons we'd nicked from class...

.. thats not the point.

So dya wanna go just cuz itd be a good chance to get a teacher on their own n try n make them understand?

Hey Izzy, i'm catholic too so i know how you feel with the whole sitting there for like forever it seems. what you need to stop asking yourself is "what if". "what if someone does get sick." "what if they do it in the church" you know? cus nobody can predict the future you just gatta go for it. and if someone does get sick and run out, then so be it, its not going to hurt you, just keep telling yuorself that ok? no matter what happends in no way will you be physically hurt. if it happends just try your best to consentrate on this, just breath in through your nose, then out through your mouth, do this over and over and try to take deeper breaths each time. then put your hand on your abdomen (sp?) and concentrate on it riseing, then falling. this should calm you down and you will make it through the mass. the more you go to the church and do this, the more comfortable your gonig to be there, and you wont have to be scared or nervous.
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

mmm. I think another thing is that I dont really want to be there! If its something worthwhile that I'm really enjoying i'l just forget the emet and be ok. I'm not catholic either, I got a scholarship for music casue its a music collage type place. Hmmmm I think i'm just going to do it and if I do go out well thats ok but atleast I would of been in the cathedral at some point! we have a about 6 huge masses per year. So I guess its something I've got to get used to even tho i'm leaving soon! oh well! Wish me good luck! I'm sure i'l be back moanin on this topic again before the day!

(the link is to my schools website! You can see our awful BROWN uniform!!!)