Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default HELP- IBS or illness? (TMI)

I just got back from a very fun week-long trip with my fiance...we got in late last night and ate a late dinner. This morning, I woke up feeling fine, ate a small breakfast...but about 15 mins ago, I got this urge to "go" ASAP (I'd kind of had it for awhile after I woke up though, but it got really strong), so I dashed to the bathroom and had VERY loose/watery stool. I figured it was from not going on the plane yesterday and holding it in this a.m., but less than five minutes later I had to go AGAIN, and the second one was about 90-95% watery/mucus-y d*.

No stomach pain or nausea yet, but I'm worried that I picked something up at some point on the trip. Could this be IBS symptoms? I chewed three Pepto tablets just to be safe. I ate pretty healthy on vacation, but still drank more than I do at home, and our dinner last night was made from frozen stuff, so a little more oily than I prefer....maybe I'm just off from the travel/booze/food/stress?

I'm trying not to freak out and make it worse!

Default Re: HELP- IBS or illness? (TMI)

It may just be from the food and drinks. I have ibs and pretty much once a day have a loose bm. I hope you are feeling better!

Default Re: HELP- IBS or illness? (TMI)

I agree. I have ibs and you have to have it ongoing for more than a few months before they can diagnose ibs. It could also be a bit of stess from being away from home. Hope you feel better!