Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I literally hate this!! :(

So my emet is in high gear, never before has it been in such high gear, it all started with my dad..Now, it's just running rampant. I live in a small town, and I work for an elementary school in the after school program in a neighboring town. I never thought much of anything going around until I see a nurse post that her kids are sick. She said there is a lot going around and then on the same post someone also said Yes, there are a lot of kids out of school with it right now. Fever, N, V, D. They are all in the neighboring town where I work...and none of the kids in the after school program have been missing,....but still my anxiety is high. My daughter goes to school in my town and none of the people here have heard of anything but a couple say they have had it, and that it's bad. There are 7 days of school left..She goes 2 this week, 3 next week and 2 1/2 the follwoing. And I'm PANICKING I don't want her to catch ANYTHING...my emet is making it so I can't function without having panic attacks and no one understands. Plus, my dad works in retail, in the neighboring town and im afraid he's going to bring something like the SV with V home......because he's not at all Clean at work....Im so scared and so paranoid, and i just can't calm down and quit crying

Default Re: I literally hate this!! :(

Hey Emily,

Really sorry to hear about this but hear-say won't necessarily bring you the sv* in my opinion, you sound highly observant and diligent and I'm guessing your hand washing is extreme which is good, I cant speak for your kid but I think you should think of her catching it as worst case scenario...even though she will probably be ok. Just try your hardest to do whatever you can to stay hygeinic .... do your family know about your emet? Talking to someone, anyone in real life will help you and will help them understand your fear..... I think you're gonna be ok, if you're really really scared then up your washing to 100% more then you know you're not at risk