Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Temporary Emetophobia Relief!!!

Hello! I just wanted to share something I found that helps me with my emetophobia panic attacks.

A while ago I found this new "natural," "non-drowsy" Dramamine at the store which I then bought for an upcoming plane ride (I have never gotten motion sickness in my life but I'm still afraid of it). Soon after, I realized that the pills are literally just ginger in a capsule. That's it, nothing else. So I began to take them whenever I started feeling sick from a panic attack. And they work great! I only have to take one, and about a half hour later I feel fine. (A little long to wait, I know, but it's better than hours of panicking). It may just be a placebo effect but hey, whatever works.

If you want to get them on Amazon (can't post links) just search "natural Dramamine." Or you can just find them at a store.

I'd recommend taking a decent amount of water with them because sometimes they give me a weird acid reflux-ish reaction (nothing a little water doesn't fix!)

I hope this will help someone like it does me.

Default Re: Temporary Emetophobia Relief!!!

Thank you for the tip! I'm deff going to look into these!

Not good with pills but willing to try this haha

I just get dry Ginger from the store and take a small spoonful ( around a teaspoon) of it, I put the ginger in my mouth and put water in my mouth to wet it good than swallow with some water. When I first started doing it I expected it to overpower me buy it wasn't bad at all. Kinda nice really. Would maybe start with half a teaspoon at first. Helps almost immediately. No capsules to break open. Did it when I was really sick to my stomach and didn't want to try to down pills and it worked so good. Almost immediate relief, and I was bad. Also desperate, after a couple minutes I burped a few times and was right as rain.

Would ginger chews work the same?