Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Please help... Possible exposure... :/

Okay, so I went somewhere with my friend today and he was feeling unwell on the train. I started to freak out a little, but my nerves calmed after a while when he looked fine an hour later. I let him borrow my phone as he wanted to add his number on it. He had to go home suddenly about half an hour later because he v* apparently. He gave me a £5 note after he v*, and went home. I had chips afterwards using my hands and accidentally licked the salt off of my fingers afterwards.... I'm really, REALLY scared I've been exposed.... He said he went to the hospital and the doctors apparently said he has a chest infection, but he didn't cough or complain of his chest hurting at all? I didn't know that chest infections made you v*? I think he was lying, because he knows I have emetophobia and didn't want to tell me that he v* and has the SV*. I'm really, really frightened and will be for the next 72 hours now....
    Last edited by Rls1994; 05-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Please help... Possible exposure... :/

Anybody...?

I think that with pneumonia you can v* but I'm not totally sure.I feel your pain because my boyfriend just v* and he was fine before that and now that he did he says his stomach feels better. He cooked our hamburgers pretty rare so I'm hoping it was just from that and not the sv*. Good luck

I know it doesn't take much to get ill, but you shouldn't worry. I don't think he was lying. If he were, he wouldn't of told you that he had v*ed. So, he touched your phone earlier in the day, then was later diagnosed with a illness after v*ing. You'll just be stressing yourself out and giving any illness more opportunity to take you under. I know you already touched your phone then ate, but you should sanitize it now along with anything else he touched. That way if anything was there, it'll be gone now. If you're feeling n*, it's probably a result of your panic, not that you ate something after touching where a sick person touched. Illness is very contagious, but you shouldn't catch anything because there's such a small chance.

Thanks, both of you, but I'm still panicking. :/ My stomach has felt off and I am feeling a little nauseous right now, so I'm worrying.. It's been 25 hours since being *possibly* exposed now, but I know the incubation period is between 24 - 72 hours, and from my experience, the SV* usually starts in the evening for me, so I'm dreading tonight... If I'm fine by Monday evening then I'll stop worrying, but something tells me I'm going to be ill...
    Last edited by Rls1994; 05-29-2016 at 09:34 AM.

I am FREAKING OUT!!!! I have just found out his other symptoms including d*!!! So he DOES have the sv* and I was exposed! It's only a matter of hours now before I'm s*!

PLEASE somebody! I want to go to the doctors but it's a Sunday! Parents won't take me to the hospital and I have no anti sickness drugs!!

You've got to calm yourself down! Try distracting yourself. Yes, I understand that he has SV and you think you've been exposed. But the n you're feeling is most likely from worry. That's why youv'e got to calm down. Get somebody to take you to the nearest drug store and buy medicine that helps reduce n. Even just the security that medicine is helping me works to reduce my n! Wish I has some right now because I'm really worrying about how I feel today.

My phobia is so severe, though. I couldn't take it if I actually caught it. I can't get something for nausea and v* until tomorrow or Tuesday and if it's going to start it will either be in a few hours - early hours of tomorrow... I hate how sudden the symptoms start and how fast you v* after. I remember only feeling nauseous for a few minutes when I had it when I was younger with a stomach ache before I v* badly. It's been almost 31-32 hours since exposure, and I know I'm not out of the woods yet..

I've heard of people being vomited on and still avoiding the sv. There's a good chance you will be fine. Try and keep your mind occupied on other things.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Really?? That's new to me. Are you sure they had the SV*? I'm trying to find pictures at the con I was at yesterday. I was dressed up as a video game character.

Two of those cases were mothers with sick children. They were barfed on and still managed to avoid it. Are you feeling any better?
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

You'll be fine, the more we panic the more we seem to be ok haha

How are you feeling now? I am one of the moms who was barfed on and it was definitely a bug that my daughter had.

I showered and kept up my hand hygiene and I was okay. Didn't touch my face and cleaned with bleach.

Try to breath and stay calm, you will be okay

How are you doing today?

So are you feeling better.