Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cold? Pollen allergies? Really worried

I've either got a cold or my pollen allergies are flaring up. Either way, I'm worried. I'm typing fast to sorry about mistakes. I guess heres the story:

My mom has been down with a horrible cold since wednesday or thursday and yeasterday afternoon it started going away. I've been staying as sanitary as I can just as I always do, but it's hard because we're on a camping trip due to the US holiday Memorial Day to honor killed in action troops that fought for the US. I was thinking several time about posting here about how much her constant dry cough was bothering me so much, but I kind of just figured that I'd be wasting all you guys' time. As for the illness, I've had bad pollen allergies so it may be that too. There's a lot of that going on outside this time of year, and today may be the day they're starting up. I woke up to my nose completely stuffed (and I took medicine thas helping a bit) and my throat really hurts. I dont really feel n and haven't v, but worrying is making me feel slight n. Partly because I'm worried to eat something heavy and also because I couldn't eat anything that wasn't soft because of my throat, I had blueberries and water for lunch. So anyway im just quite worried that something more will come out of it. My mother didn't feel n at all but who knows what this is in my body. I'm barely coughing and she had a dry hacking. Once when my mother was sick and coughing all the time I overheard her while I was upstairs doing stuff with sheet music and she told my father (which really set me off) "I don't think I should go to the [fancy] dinner tomorrow night. I'll be coughing so much at the table while I eat that I might start p***ing." I cant help but think about that too, because if it's what she has now then I'll have a sry hacking cough for days! I'm really worried that something will come out of this because I can't handle that! My Emetophobia is really bad and I can't handle it if this sickness leads to legit n (not just from worrying).
    Last edited by Jess44246; 05-29-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Default Re: Cold? Pollen allergies? Really worried

Please somebody I'm really worried and I still feel off

I have confirmed that this is due to allergies, not my mother's sickness. I went outside and it's literally SNOWING COTTONWOOD! However, I'm still really worried that something might happen and my stomach is still uneasy. Help and support appreciated, anyone!

My allergies are a mess right now and from the drainage of my nose, now and then I do feel n* but have not v* or had d*. I would try drinking some water and just eat light.

I've been taking the medicine whenever I can and my allergies are SLOWLY improving (I can now breathe through my nose at some times). I mostly drink only water, usually cold, and I the evenings I suck on a couple of ice cubes because they have a soothing effect.

Currently feeling sinus sick! Flares up when I've been in the sun and drinking too much milk, its a tricky kind of n* isn't it?

Happy to say that I'm fully adjusted to the pollen bloom (which isn't nearly as bad) and no more need even for allergy medication. The slight n I felt for two days was all in my head from the anxiety and fear. Such a great power the mind has...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is Bob.
    Bob is accepting of your emetophobia.
    Bob is smart.
    Be like Bob.