Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bad pollen allergies making me worry

Although nobody even viewed it, I posted earlier today that I was really worried I had either caught my mother's awful cold or my pollen allergies were flaring up really badly. From seeing it "snow" cottonwood outside, I know it's my allergies flaring up. My throat is all dry, my nose is very runny (I couldn't breathe before te medicine), and my ears and head seem all "cloudy." I've been really worrying all day at what this might lead to. I don't feel that n, but worrying so much is making my stomach quite uneasy. I remember overhearing my mother saying once (months ago) that she didn't want to go a fancy dinner when she had a cold because she might cough so much while eating that she's p*** [v]. My mother has had a cold since wednesday or thursday and the constant dry hacking coughs are really getting to me as well. Thankfully she's been getting better since yesterday but it's still there. Long story short, I'm really worried that these horrible pollen allergies will lead to n (that isn't just from worrying) and v.

Default Re: Bad pollen allergies making me worry

I replied to another post but I'll reply here since you are worried and I want you to see my reply. You are and will be totally fine! If you have a cold or if it is allergies, neither of those will lead to those dreaded symptoms you fear. You mom said she may p* due to coughing so much but you would be fully aware of your coughing and slow it down to avoid that. The only thing makng you nervous and I'll feeling is your mind. Keep reminding yourself that you are thankful for the cold or allergies and even more thankful you're not dealing with something worse and remind yourself that neither of these things lead to v*. Breath. You are totally okay!

I'm keeping my mind busy to keep from worrying. Any n I feel is just my mind playing tricks on my body because of my worrying. I just have to worry because everything isn't okay in my body, and that means potential threat to my mind. I wish I never heard her say that, but I guess there's no way to avoid stimulus like that. If only there was.

My allergies are better today, but certainly not gone