Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can't convince myself I'm ok

So at work today I ate a chocolate from the wrapper but I'm worried that I accidentally touched the chocolate with my finger that was holding the wrapper. I'm really obsessive about how I eat when I'm not at home and won't touch my food at all. I'm now worrying that I will have touched the chocolate and got germs on it and I'll catch something. I'm not aware of anyone being off ill at work at the moment though and I have used hand sanitizer a little while earlier on. I had touched my keyboard and stuff since though. I hate when these things happen because I can't decide whether or not something has even happened and my OCD brain makes me think it's a lot worse than it actually is!

Default Re: Can't convince myself I'm ok

I'm sure you are fine. Even if your finger grazed it, which sounds unlikely, the chances of something that could make you sick being right on that spot on your finger is so slim. I wouldn't worry too much, honestly. and I'm an OCD person who also doesn't touch my food, so I get your concern. I'm not just placating you.