Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Terrified!

Default Terrified!

This morning my 3 year old woke up and v* all over the carpet. She was okay all day after that. She had diluted juice, toast, noodles, a cookie and just after she went to bed she woke up and it happened again. I'm so tired but the anxiety and panic are keeping me awake. I'm worried I will catch the sv* or my other children will. I can't sleep! 😢 This is so difficult!

Default Re: Terrified!

Hang in there. As long as you wash your hands thoroughly before eating and handling food, you should be fine.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

I woke up yesterday and I was fine, I even ate but in the evening I starting feeling yucky but managed to sleep. I stopped eating at 4 and I haven't eaten since. My stomach has been off all morning but I thought I was okay so I had a 1/4 cup of coffee then started feeling n* again so I stopped. I took a couple Zantac to reduce the pain but I'm still n* and I'm about to panic. My anxiety is slowly rising... I'm trying to stay calm because it is just me and my 2 youngest home. I can't tell if it's all in my head or not. My youngest son was drinking out of my 3 year Olds juice cup when she first got ill but he's been fine. Maybe she's not contagious? Maybe it's in my head? I can't tell... 😢

It's been a few hours since your post and I hope that you and your little ones are okay. My guess is that you feel ill first because of panic and then because you are overly empty.

I think I'm okay... It was a difficult couple days but no one else has gotten ill and I'm grateful! Here's to healthier days lol I've also gained the courage to feed myself properly today. I haven't felt sick since this morning.

Glad to hear you're doing okay! Also huge props - it sounds like you kept fairly calm through the situation with your 3 year old. I can't imagine how difficult that would be.