Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi yall!

I really wanted to tell u how im doing again - I've had setbacks but I've also had really good experiences as well! Well, first - The Setback: I was meant to be going on this trip to Spain with my school in October but I backed out at the last minute because my phobia really came and bit me on the as* out of nowhere! I felt like a twat after that because I had been doing so well and it felt like I had gone back to Square One.

But, I've had some good stuff happen. I was invited to a huge party in November and it was one of those parties where everyone is like smoking, smoking hash, drinking LOADS and getting really drunk. I debated whether to go and, purely on impulse, I decided to go! In the end I had a great time and I was able to lighten up - I had a couple of beers and some cigarettes and it felt great! I had a really good time. Although, one of my friends got drunk and was sick in the front garden. Although, I stayed with her for 30 MINUTES whilst she was throwing up! I never thought I wouldve been able to do that. I even got in the car with her when she was getting a lift home! I felt so proud of myself!!

I have even been invited to a couple of these parties in January and I am definitely gonna go! Also, it has been easier recently because I have joined a new church where i feel more commited to God than ever and he is really helping me through it!

Anywho, I wish you all the best and pray that 2006 will be the year where you recover!!

God Bless yall!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey!! I don't know if you remember me, but I was on the forum at the same time that you were active...so hi again!

I'm glad that you're doing well and you managed to go to that party! Especially with your drunk friend...that was amazing that you stayed with her! Congratulations on the new church...it's great that you've found somewhere that you really feel is like a community. way to go!

I'm sorry about Spain...I hate when the phobia can do that. I hope you recovered quickly after that! I also am going on an exchange to Spain for three weeks in February, and i'm trying to keep emet at bay so that the same thing doesn't happen to me.

Glad you're doing well!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Chris! Missed you buddy! Glad to know you're doing so well.

Chris!

Hey there! It sounds like you are doing a lot better! It's great to hear that! Sorry about Spain. But my psychiatrist said once that you win some, and then you don't. Don't think of it as a setback, but as a learning experience, something to help you grow.

Glad to hear from you!

¡Ojalá que tengas un buen año!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Hello Chris =]. I remember you even if you dont remember me, but good to know that you're doing so well. Despite the Spain trip, it wont discourage you next time right?
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>