Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK, this is something I've done for almost as long as I can remember, in order to convince myself that I'm not going to be s*, and after finding this forum, it got me to wondering if anyone else did it.

I've "categorized" every stomach pain, inkling, rumbling and uneasiness I've ever had that I can possibly remember. It's like Ihave a little roladex in my head that I flip through everytime I feel something in my abdominal area. I'll sit down, think back to the last time my stomach felt that particular way and come up with my previous assesment as to what was behind it. Like hunger or indigestion or anxiety. And once I know what happened or what caused it last time and that I came out of it without getting s*, I feel like I'm OK to not panic or like I can actually function because I'm not in danger of v*. I'll tell myself "OK, this is fairly common michelle. You had this three weeks ago and all it turned out to be was spicy pizza. You're going to be fine. You didn't get s* then, so you won't now."

I'm just wondering if this is just an individual quirk of my own, or if it's one of those things that other emets understand....

><>Michelle

\"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...\" Phillippians 4:11

I do that too! Except, half the time I don't remember what the feeling is... I'll know I felt it before, but I can't remember why and that doesn't help much. But it does take a lot of stress off when I realize a feeling I have I'd had before and been fine.

i know exactly what you're talking about.

i know my "stomach" (i guess meaning bowels as well, everything related to v*ing) like the back of my hand. i knnow when it's hunger. when it's anxiety. when it's too much food. when it's just food i didn't want to eat or didn't need. when the food is bad. etc.

i never understood it when people didn't know how to deal with stomach problems, because i have a specific routine for every degree of ailment.

that roladex, heh.

yeah, i just try to talk myself out of it, like 'well, it can't be this, can't be that' kinda thing... lol sounds so stupid doesn't it!
    <font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>